Wink & Nod - Intern - Marketing (0-1 yrs)
About Wink & Nod
Wink & Nod wants to build a customer-centric and trendy brand that can bring a breath of freshness to the sleep industry. Our goal is to provide amazing products to consumers that can help with their sleep and overall well-being. We want to solve 3 key pain points - poor sleep products buying experience, lack of world-class innovative products and prohibitively high product prices that prevent people from buying good reasonably priced sleep products. Our company is run by seasoned professionals with backgrounds in investment banking, consulting and venture capital, and come from top tier educational institutes such as Chicago Booth, IIM Calcutta, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Lucknow, Carnegie Mellon, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Chennai.
Presently, we are looking for Marketing Interns who can manage and review marketing campaign lists, evaluate campaign stats and compile reports, assist marketing team with ongoing administrative tasks and help team prepare for upcoming events and tradeshows.
About the Role
We are looking for talented, passionate and confident Marketing Intern with a strong marketing background to grow our business across various metropolitan cities in India. You will be responsible for executing and measuring the performance of our offline marketing campaigns across India. You will create initial relationship with multiple channels to reach our target segments to drive demand. The channels can be email, print, events, B2B and affiliates.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, team oriented, an effective communicator, should have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful demand generation across media channels and using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities. An understanding of, and passion for, technology is highly desired.
- Drive demand for Wink & Nod products by planning and executing different offline marketing campaigns with different stakeholders across the organization as well as external agencies.
- Find new avenues for generating demand through unconventional marketing techniques.
- Target the potential customers and plan the necessary pitch for the segmented audience.
- Acquire customer requirements and provide them with bespoke solutions.
Stipend and Benefits
Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company's standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Mandatory to own a bike and a valid driving license.
- An understanding of and passion for e-commerce.
- Prior work experience is an added advantage (6 months to 1 year). Relevant experience in retail, marketing or communications will be preferred.
- Experience in driving demand through traditional offline marketing activities like events, advertisements, snail mail, flyers, etc. is a plus.
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills: experience in coordinating teams and communicating to management
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to prioritize marketing spend per channel and market
- Experience in marketing to small businesses will be desirable.