Waste Warriors - Assistant Manager - Communications (3-5 yrs)
Aviral - Reducing Plastic Waste in the Ganga
This project will initiate a large awareness & behavioral change campaign, focusing on solid waste generated in two of the holiest Ganga cities in Uttarakhand, Haridwar, and Rishikesh.
We will positively change how local residents & businesses, tourists & vendors, ashrams & schools, & government authorities deal with waste in and around the Ganga.
What will you do:
- Create awareness and behavioral change content on solid waste management as per the communications plan, coordinating with the Communications Manager.
- Document field activities through photos, videos (including interviews), and audio.
- Write and design promotional & awareness content to publish on our project's digital & social media platforms, as well as news media channels, in English and Hindi.
- Report to the Communications Manager and coordinate with the project team including the Team Lead, Project Coordinators, and Project Officers for field activities in Haridwar and Rishikesh.
What You Should Have:
- Strong writing & design background & portfolio on IEC, environment, waste management or similar.
- 3 years experience in development or communications work.
- A degree in Mass Communication or Social Work is a plus, not mandatory.
- Regional knowledge & work experience in Uttarakhand preferred.
- Access to your own computer is absolutely necessary.
- English/Hindi writing & design.
- Multimedia content production.
- Strong use of A/V tech, MS Office, Google Drive, & media platforms.
- Think critically with great attention to content detail.
- Solve problems & act fast.
- Comfortably coordinate with local stakeholders to produce content.