Recruitment Consultant at Karyarth
Views:9 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Vice President/Director - Product Management (4-7 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervisory Role : First and foremost, the position is a position of leadership and in this capacity the Director of Product Management oversees and is answerable to the Founders and stakeholders for all activities of the product management department. The Director of Product Development oversees and ensures that the functions of the Product team are efficiently and effectively executed.
- Collaboration : The role of Director of Product Development is also one of a cross-functional nature and as such, the Director is expected to liaise with other Directors of the engineering, marketing, sales, and design departments.
The reason for this collaboration is to place the executive management in a position to translate the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the product departments, which ultimately promotes the achievement of the product goals. Collaboration leads to clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, and an overall agile product development process.
- A suitable candidate will have 4 - 8 years experience in performance of functions as a Head of Product Management.
- He will also have a proven track record in product planning, defining and launching successful products, and unifying product portfolios. Also, candidates will need to show that they have had experience in thought leadership in order to be better positioned to drive and inspire such a large and important department.
- Experience of building and managing diverse Product & Engineering teams.
- Candidates with strong experience with Start-up firms preferred.
- Intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrable drive, initiative, energy and a sense of urgency in acquiring and serving customers.
- Proven analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Should have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with long and unpredictable work hours.