Senior TA - Consultant at Vedantu Innovations Pvt. Ltd.
Views:236 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Vedantu - Corporate Communications Role (2-6 yrs)
About Vedantu :
- Vedantu is India's leading Online tutoring company which enables students to learn LIVE with some of India's best curated teachers. Vedantu`s USP is its quality of teachers. It has some 500+ teachers who have taught more than 1 Million hours to 40,000+ students spread across 1000+ cities from 30+ countries. Vedantu is founded by IITian friends who have been teachers themselves with over 13 years of teaching experience and having taught over 10,000 students.
- Vedantu's online tutoring platform enables LIVE learning between a teacher and a student. On Vedantu a teacher is able to give personalized teaching using two way audio, video and white boarding tools where both teacher and student are able to see, hear, write and interact in real-time. Imagine it like 'Skype' custom made for education. Vedantu caters to 6th grade to 12th grade and prepares for school boards, competitive examinations and has co-curricular courses as well.
- The name Vedantu is formed by two Sanskrit words Veda (Knowledge) + Tantu (Network), signifying a 'Knowledge Network' where any student can tap into and learn from a teacher, anytime-anywhere.
Vedantu`s founders Vamsi Krishna, Anand Prakash and Pulkit Jain did their first venture in education, Lakshya, in 2006 which later got acquired by a listed company called MT Educare (Mahesh Tutorials) in 2012. As part of Lakshya the founders taught and mentored more than 10,000 students and trained more than 200 teachers between them.
Corporate Communications :
This role is ideal for a dynamic, proactive individual with excellent communications skills - this role will involve the management of a wide spectrum of communication activities including but not limited to PR, internal communication campaigns and community relations.
- You must have experience across PR, internal communications, and marketing communications.
- While you will have the support of agencies, this role is a hands-on role.
You must have first-class copy-writing and proof-reading skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You should be conversant with all forms of digital and social media, and the modes of utilising them. You should have the experience to tell stories and to craft internal communications plans. You should think on your feet, delight in innovative yet effective solutions should apply.
- Liaise with external & internal stakeholders to build strong brand reputation via PR campaigns & media relation strategies
- Co-ordinate with business units to gather information and draft articles, speech, blogs,messages, newsletters, press releases, media questionnaires etc
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, social media and online portals for industry & competitor developments
- Execute communication plans to support Vedantu's initiatives, products, events and rollouts
- Own and publish the company newsletter
- Organize & support enterprise wide events
- 2 years+ experience in Media Relations/PR Agency/Advertising Agency/ Any other form of external communication
- Bachelor's degree required, a post graduate degree or diploma in communications is preferred
- Proficiency in English- very high standards of both, spoken and written English
- Self-driven and self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Quick learner