Urban Ladder - Category Manager (4-8 yrs)
Company Information :
- Urban Ladder is a leading online furniture company that aims to provide a curated destination for home solutions, to help the Urban Indian build well-furnished, beautiful homes. With over 1000 products and 25 categories such as sofas, beds, dining tables, storage shelves, etc. Urban Ladder is India's leading online furniture company. We were awarded the Best Digital Startup in 2012.
Our brick and mortar retail laurels have begun as well - in March 2018, we were awarded Gold for the best storefront design at the prestigious HG VM & RD Awards. Urban Ladder is backed by top tier venture capital firms Steadview Capital, SAIF Partners and Kalaari Capital and Sequoia Capital. Mr. Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons has also made a personal investment in Urban Ladder.
About the role :
- Urban Ladder has distinguished itself based on design and impeccable service delivery experience. The vision is to continue to differentiate our design promise from the market and prove to be an exciting destination for the customers- home decor aspirations.
As a Category Manager, you will be primarily custodian of range excellence and product performance of our catalog.
The role will include driving excellence in product category and subcategory assortment groups by partnering with our design experts, ensuring supreme GTM and product availability in tandem with our Inventory teams, and owning product success metrics of Revenue and Margin.
Primary performance indicators :
- Revenue and Margin overall and per product
- Additional Revenue per cost of GTM
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Loss of Sales due to OOS
- New Product Revenue contribution % to overall Revenue
- Inventory Ageing
- Process setting and improvements for error-free ordering and inventory visibility
- Maximize, Minimize, Optimize, Build
Role will include :
- Hold accountability for category wise product availability and success
- Build data visibility and dashboards for tracking relevant trends and number
- Periodically analyze and derive actionable for historic sales and customer data for each product
- Collaborate with our design experts to finalize our NPD strategy and enhance the existing product range
- Ideate and implement impactful GTM strategy for any new products
- Liaise with Sourcing team to implement product or category level changes as per plan
- Build and enhance processes for superior control over order fulfillment cycle from product availability perspective
- Collaborate with the Inventory team for ensuring inventory availability as per plan
- Setup and hold regular review mechanisms to manage above deliverables
- Setup and hold processes for sharing accurate and timely information with teams Sourcing, Leads, Sales teams etc.
- Regularly monitor and report data and updates on success metrics for your mandates
- Develop and train your team in functional and interpersonal competence and own their career growth paths
Desired Skills and Functional Experience :
- Exposure and understanding of furniture industry (order cycles and customer expectations)
- High Levels of Ownership and Drive
- Proven skills in working with varied stakeholders across functions
- Proven skills in critically analyzing large volumes of data - a keen eye for identifying trends in data
- Willingness to learn rapidly + Ability to consistently make things better
- Clear and articulate communication akin to a person with clarity of thought
- Bias for action and hunger for getting things done while holding deadlines as a non-negotiable
- Extremely hard-working and committed to the cause / values / vision of UL
- Love for beautiful homes, and all things beautiful; a love for aesthetics
- Collaboration and Team Management skills
Values of UL that will be Key to Excelling in this role :
C- Customer Obsession
H- Honesty and Transparency
A- Action Orientation
S- Stepping Up