Human Resources at Ummeed Child Development Center
Views:92 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Ummeed Child Development Center - Manager/Senior Manager - Fund Raising & Donor Management (8-10 yrs)
- One in eight Indian children in the age group of 2- 9 years have a disability (such as autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, learning disabilities, language delays, Down syndrome, and others). This extrapolates to over 50 million children with or at risk of disabilities in India.
- Childhood disability is a complex issue that cuts across multiple dimensions of family and society, including healthcare systems, education, community life and policy. There isn't just one system that needs to be fixed, but many.
- Because of the lack of access to skilled resources as well as how society views disability (deficit-model, stigma), children and families experiencing disabilities often fall through the cracks. Much remains to be done in this space, in India as well as the world over.
About Ummeed (www.ummeed.org) :
- In 19 years of its journey, Ummeed has provided direct clinical services to over 10,000 children and families (developmental pediatrician assessments and consults, occupational and physiotherapy, autism intervention, mental health services, testing, remedial services, and social work services). Its clinical work is complemented by training services that aim to build a network of trained medical and school professionals as well as community workers who can prevent, diagnose, and manage developmental disabilities effectively. Over the years, Ummeed has trained over 5000 trainees from across the country. Ummeed's awareness initiatives aim to change societal attitudes towards children with disabilities, and its research efforts aim to influence the academic community.
- Over the last five years, Ummeed has grown from a 50+ member team to a 100+ member team, its annual budget has increased three-fold (from 3.5 crores to 11 crores) and its impact has increased about 24-fold (from about 10,000 to over 2,50,000 children).
- Over the next few years, Ummeed is looking to consolidate its position as a center-of-excellence, expand/ deepen its influence in multiple geographies in India, disseminate its models of care locally as well as internationally, and set up a center (a physical space) dedicated to the cause of child development and childhood disability.
About the Position - Manager/ Senior Manager, Fundraising and Donor Relations :
- Ummeed has been able to sustain its growth over the last few years through streamlined fundraising and donor management processes. Its donor database includes corporates, foundations, family offices, high net worth individuals [HNIs] and retail donors. As Ummeed seeks to scale its reach and impact over the next few years as well as set up a - center-of-excellence-and-influence, there is a need to further diversify its donor database and modalities of fundraising, while sustaining trusted relationships with existing funders.
- The Manager/ Senior Manager, Fundraising and Donor Relations position will play a key role in enabling Ummeed's future growth, through taking on existing fundraising and donor management responsibilities, and expanding Ummeed's donor network across donor categories. The role will also need to demonstrate and articulate a nuanced understanding of the disability sector and Ummeed's work in it.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Roles and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Manager/ Senior Manager, Fundraising and Donor Relations will include the following :
- Work closely with the COO and Ummeed's senior team to define fundraising and donor management goals, priorities, and strategy for each year
- Manage and sustain Ummeed's existing donor relationships (corporates, trusts, foundations, HNIs)
- Expand Ummeed's donor network, including mapping, researching, and building connections with prospective and new donors (corporates, trusts, foundations, HNIs)
- Support Ummeed's current flagship fundraising event (55 Km Goa Walk)
- Identify and execute on other event-based opportunities for fundraising and network building
- Work closely with project teams and the project office function to define funding needs and put together impactful proposals and presentations
- Work closely with project teams, project office function and the M&E (monitoring and evaluation) team to submit donor reports in a timely manner
- Work closely with the communications team to develop high quality collaterals for donors, both for one-time use as well as regular ongoing communications
- Maintain a high quality donor database with relevant details in the donor management system (DMS)
- Supervise, coach, and mentor junior team members
Minimum qualifications, Skills required :
- Ummeed is looking for someone preferably with a master's degree in marketing and 8-10 years of rich experience in business development/ sales from a reputed organization. The person should have an outgoing pleasing personality, be passionate about working in the social sector, and be willing to learn.
Key competencies for the role include :
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including comfort with making cold calls, building new relationships, and sustaining existing ones
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt complex technical information into a format that will work for different donors, in oral and written format (strong narrative and powerful presentations, including attention to detail)
- Excellent collaboration skills, including ability to work with diverse teams and styles
- Willingness to learn about the sector and nuances of Ummeed's philosophy and values
- Ability to initiate, multitask and manage work with minimum supervision and within stringent timelines
Why Ummeed ?
Ummeed offers :
- A challenging but flexible work environment, and opportunities for growth and creating impact at scale
- A leadership that invests in its people, giving them the freedom to explore, innovate, learn, while responsibly delivering on committed outcomes
- A strong culture of respecting diversity, being inclusive, and committed to serving children with disabilities and their families
- An opportunity to work in collaboration with a diverse group of highly passionate, motivated and talented individuals