TVS Group - Content Editor (0-10 yrs)
- Mandatory- : Only Candidates from St Stephen's / LSR - preferable English Lit grads(but History/Psychology/Philosophy/BA program grads can also be considered).
1) Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability.
2) Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
3) Visualise structure and look feel for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
4) Plan the contents of documents according to the stakeholders style, editorial guidelines.
5) Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
7) Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
8) Oversee publication production of any printed collateral, including artwork, layout, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
9) Ensure storytelling as per company requirements
10) Develop a content plan with topics, events and stories and ensure execution
11) Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials regarding changes in content, style or structure to develop material required
- Ability to write in a simple, direct and crisp way.
- Ability to recognise and discard jargon, corporate lingo, repetition of pet phrases, incoherence in structure etc.
- Understand minimalism, use the MECE framework (Mutually Exclusive, Collectively Exhaustive.) when writing
- Tell stories with impact in simple direct ways.
- Write with empathy.
- Ability to collect, curate and present stories of impact with journalistic instinct
- Understand the overall strategy, values and purpose of the company and bring them to life through stories.
- Follow a hierarchical logic throughout document creation