Senior Talent Officer at Trimble Inc.
Views:186 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:56
Trimble - Key Account Manager - Sales (10-18 yrs)
KEY ACCOUNT SALES MANAGER (KASM)
The role of Key Accounts Sales Manager is considered pivotal to making the division successful in the sale, delivery and support of Trimble Connected Quarry solutions to all the relevant decision making levels in aggregates producers- organizations. The key responsibility of the KASM is to drive Trimble Connected Quarry revenue with the key accounts in the region.
To be successful, the KASM needs to develop relationships with target accounts, sell them on the value of Trimble's offering, establish a technology adoption roadmap with them, close the business, and support the coordination and successful execution of the projects so that they form the basis for further development and success of Trimble's relationship with each client. As a result, the KASM is part sales person, part entrepreneur, part business consultant, part project manager, and part relationship manager.
Projects will consist of product as well as associated professional services, including technology assessment, recommendation and implementation projects, as well as training, systems administration and data analysis. In many cases, the local dealer (Loadrite, SITECH or other) will be involved in the execution and support of the project. However Trimble employees may also be involved.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS :
- Deep understanding of the customer's business, strategic objectives and priorities, organizational structure, budget structure, decision making process, and power landscape.
- Solid understanding of Trimble's offering to the industry, value proposition, ROI, technical capabilities and requirements
- Close and productive relationships with Trimble product management and support teams
- Trust and engagement of the channel and channel management organization
- Effective collaboration with counterparts in other divisions who serve the same customer organizations, as well as with the peer group of Key Account managers in other divisions
- Focused use of limited resources to ensure traction and delivery of tangible revenues
- A clear account strategy for each customer, aligned with the required resources
- A broad and powerful network of champions and detractors (keep your enemies closer!) inside each customer's organization
- Tight project management: clarity around contract terms, the scope of work, deliverables, fees, resource availability, project plans, etc.
Portfolio knowledge :
- The KASM will focus their efforts on the Trimble Connected Quarry portfolio for Aggregates producers, and must have a solid understanding the full portfolio being offered, including applicable solutions from other divisions.
- Keeping a keen eye on new technologies and acquisitions by Trimble, and even releases by outside companies
Key Account Development and Management :
- Identifying, qualifying, and prioritizing the key accounts, prioritizing regions and accounts by region
- Closing of Master Agreements with the KA as appropriate - MPA, MSA, Preferred Vendor, Supply, Ensuring proper Legal and various Management reviews.
- Driving adoption of our relevant offering within each key account, with an emphasis on software-centred solutions
- Developing and managing an opportunities pipeline, balancing a broad pipeline of long-term endeavors with focusing sales and support resources on the true high potential opportunities, taking into account resource constraints and timing.
- Developing C-level relationships, built on openness, understanding and trust
- Maintaining a database of account profiles, contacts, opportunities, projects, 12-month rolling forecast in salesforce.com.
- Ensuring the regional distribution management teams and distributors understand and support the key account plans
- Deepening Trimble's market understanding and competitive position
- Acting as the client's ambassador internally to Trimble.
- Providing product and market research information as well as customer requirements insights back into the Trimble's marketing teams
- Supporting Trimble's industry membership efforts in the region
KEY SKILLS :
- Negotiation and Sales skills. Able to sell the value of the offering to both technical and business audiences, and to close the business. Experience selling complex solutions to the aggregates industry is a strong advantage.
- Domain expertise in the Aggregates industry, specifically in production of aggregates.
- Contract negotiation to close deals that are beneficial to both parties
- Fast learner of the application, benefits and basic technical architecture of various Trimble and third-party solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Project management skills and attention to detail. Although Trimble will provide project implementation support, in many cases the SKAS will be the main contact with the customer.
- Key account management experience.
- Leadership. Able to set direction and lead virtual teams to successful project conclusion.
- High level of personal responsibility in an environment of ambiguity and limited resources.
- Self directed. Take ownership and drive projects to conclusion without daily management oversight.
- Travel with limited notice, 60%+ of the time.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL INTERFACES :
- Product management teams
- Regional Distribution Management teams
- Regional TSS/Application Engineers
- Trimble legal, financial and revenue resources
- Direct revenues from each account
- Depth of penetration of the organization and functional diversity
- Number of paying TCQ sites implemented
- Product mix
REPORTING : The KASM reports to the India Regional Manager.
LOCATION : The position is based in Gurgaon/Delhi