Technical Writer & Proofreader - IT (0-3 yrs)
Technical Writer and proofreader are responsible for detecting and correcting errors in written documents. Their role also involves making corrections on written text using special marks that are standard and recognized in the printing and publishing industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Read and evaluate written technical text for grammatical and typographical error
- Compare typeset proofs against original copy to identify errors or omission
- Use word processors and other specialized software to make changes on typeset documents
- Evaluate the dimensions of page elements such as images, text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- Ensure page numbers are in the right order and not repeated or omitted
- Analyze documents to ensure chapter titles match list of contents
- Use symbols which are standard and recognized by printing and publishing companies
- Mark corrections highlighted by editors/authors and ensure they reflect on the master set proofing
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Stay abreast with grammatical development as well as new terminologies in a language
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Contact authors directly to clarify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
- Forward proofread materials for approval and publication
- Ensure project is completed within set time constraints.
Requirements and Qualification:
- Require a Bachelor's /Master's Degree most preferably in English.
- About 0-3 years of experience in proofreading or editing is written content.
- Knowledge of standard proofreading practices, procedures, and concepts.
- Identify and rephrase grammatical errors to ensure an error-free text
- Correctly assemble words and apply them in writing.