Technical Support Role - IT (2-5 yrs)
Job Description / Requirements :
- 2-3 years of experience in Technical Support.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via Live Chat, E-Mail, phone and other electronic mediums.
- Administration of web apps
- Diagnose reported problems or configuration issues and recommend a possible solution.
- Drive resolutions of escalations through to completion.
- Provide training to clients/customers/ internal teams as an when required in the use of applications/Products
- Assist customers with Software/hardware/account/subscription/access issues
- Maintain Support Metrics
- Create and utilize detailed analytical reports
- Document all technical inquiries and customer-reported problems in customer tracking database and in the bug tracking system, including the nature of the inquiry, and the resolution recommended.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification, and customer registration and problem escalation
Desired Skills and Competencies :
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related live chats, email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Hands-on experience using different devices/OS is a plus.
- Should have experience in supporting Software solutions/applications/products
- Should have good analytical and comprehension skills.
- Strong understanding of customer-support standards and processes, including problem resolution, in an end-user computing environment.
- Willing to work in shifts including night shift as required.
- General knowledge of Microsoft / Open Office and experience creating procedural documentation.
- Strong understanding about MS-Word, Excel.
- Basic understanding of SQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of IP addresses, subnet calculations.
- Basic knowledge of electronic file formats.
- Experience in support tools (CRM, Live Chat handling)