HR at Tech Mahindra
Views:521 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Tech Mahindra - Team Lead - Chat Support Operations (4-15 yrs)
JOB TITLE: Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Team Operations Manager (TOM)
SPAN OF CONTROL: 10
The purpose of this job role is to have the end to end accountability for advisor performance & development. By doing this, ensure that the team meets its KPIs on CSAT, ESAT, Efficiencies and Commercial performance.
I. To manage & drive Customer Experience by:
- Attending calibration sessions with the Quality team on defining 'FAB customer service- ; & how to operationalise it effectively to ensure the advisors get the same message & understand how to deliver it
- Owning the brand & ensuring that advisors bring the - Everyday Wonderful- to life in their conversations with the customers .Ensure our brand values Discovery, Simplicity & Quality are embedded in conversations
- Monitoring calls to identify trends in advisors knowledge, skills and on call behaviour & to provide real time intervention on the call to improve customer experience
- Reviewing Pulse performance and customer feedback to gather insights on Not Resolved & Bottom Box calls & to provide feedback to relevant advisors to improve customer experience
- Conducting regular coaching conversations with Advisors on performance score card (inputs from complaints, quality evaluations, Pulse and TL evaluation) to enhance customer experience
- Handling customer escalations / sup calls to demonstrate customer centricity
- Managing cases raised by team / Call-backs to role model & drive Keeping your word
- Taking ownership for Compliance within the team and ensuring zero instances of misselling & fraud
II. To manage & drive Efficiencies & Commercials by:
- Conducting regular Coaching conversations with Advisors on continuously improving efficiencies (AHT, OB and schedule adherence)
- Analysing trends in advisors performance and variance to target and providing regular feedback & coaching on sales ability and improving Upgrade to Disc,Upgrade / IBC & Churn (for Retention), Sales per advisor ( Sales) & Cash Collected (Collections)
- Ensuring Schedule adherence by monitoring & driving real time adherence (RTA) & leading his team from the front
III. To manage & drive Employee Experience by:
- Providing timely, honest and constructive feedback (performance and behavioural) on a regular basis
- Conducting soul chats & supporting each advisor through his challenges & concerns, through regular and effective coaching
- Guiding and supporting advisors development journeys based on their aspirations and performance
- Planning & conducting activities to increase team engagement and driving fun at work, to enhance team bonding and employee satisfaction
- Ensuring advisor needs & basics like their attendance, leaves, transport etc. are taken care of
IV. Performance Reviews & Driving Improvements (Self & Team):
- Conduct monthly performance conversations with advisors & create detailed create game plans on how to achieve targets
- Updating TOMs on a daily basis on previous day's performance, game plan for the day and discussing any updates, challenges and concerns
- Conducting Weekly Team Meet with the TOM Group / Performance Reviews to jointly review team performance against targets, and take concrete steps to course correct through best practice sharing.
- Having Monthly One to Ones with TOM to share advisor and operational concerns & challenges with reporting manager and seek coaching and support
- Making recommendations cross functionally for improving ways of working & suggestions for process improvements
- Keeping himself updated process/business knowledge and working with TOM for personal development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Functional Skills & Competencies
Subject Matter Expertise
A Team Leader is expected :
- To be a brand ambassador and drive brand awareness in his team
- To be current with Three's products and processes, especially those specific to his vertical / skillset.
- To coach, refresh and answer product and process related queries raised by advisors and customers.
Operational Metrics & Deliverables
A Team Leader is expected:
- To have an understanding of different operational metrics, their inter-relationships and their impact on profitability and customer experience
- To use insights about interrelationships between metrics to manage operational service levels (eg. Manage the impact of absenteeism and late log-ins on service levels)
Active Management :
A Team Leader is expected :
- To manage the team's performance and deliverables on a real time basis through constant monitoring and feedback.
- To manage the customer experience on a real time basis through effective escalation management and real time advisor feedback
Team Management Competencies
A Team Leader is expected to display Analytical Ability by being able to:
- understand, interpret & analyse various operations related reports, identify trends and determine root causes for day to day operational outcomes.
- understand basic statistical concepts & tools (Excel) and use them to enhance team performance
A Team Leader should be able to use basic Time Management tools to:
- enable him to prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance.
- ensure he stays current with his daily responsibilities (both task and people related).
A Team Leader should have effective Performance Management Skills to :
- Plan, organise & prioritize to define short & long term targets for individual advisors and for the team
- Create and deploy action plans to drive the achievement of targets
- Conduct effective performance reviews both, for the team and for individual advisors
- Respond effectively to success & failure in individual advisors and the team
A Team Leader has the critical responsibility of Communicating Business Decisions to the team in an effective, clear and timely manner.
Customer orientation is a key competency required for the Team Leader role. A Team Leader is expected:
- To consistently place a high value on customers and all issues and factors that relate to customer experience
- To enable his team to be effective Three Brand Ambassadors for customers.
- To understand drivers for customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction and provide insights back to the business
- To effectively handle call escalations & follow-up on cases, call backs and complaints thereby driving positive customer experience
- To drive customer satisfaction through first call resolution by the advisors
- To make effective exceptions/decisions with respect to the customer, thereby providing customer delight
- To be the - Voice of the Customer- by ensuring feedback and suggestions given by the customer reach the relevant people/department, and see it through to closure.
- To ensure delivery of all promises and commitments made to the customers.
People Management Competencies
As the first point of contact for all advisors on the team, the Team Leader is expected to demonstrate people management competencies:
Coaching & Feedback
- Ability to provide feedback in constructive, firm and outcome focussed manner
- Ability to coach advisors through their challenges & issues to continuously enhance performance & behaviours
- Understand what motivates different advisors and influence them effectively
- Understand the dynamics within the team and influence team members to work together to contribute to team goals
- Be able to influence peers & managers to drive continuously enhance customer and employee experience
- Be sensitive to sources of conflict within and between teams and effectively resolve or escalate issues as appropriate
- Proactively address interpersonal conflicts among team members and use appropriate methods to achieve resolution
- Provide opportunities for development (training opportunities & role assignments) to advisors as appropriate
- Build rapport and trust with advisors to enable conversations around their AOIs
- Encourage advisors to take responsibility for their own development
- Spend quality time with advisors to enhance their capability