Comms Manager at Teach For India
Views:64 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Teach For India - Manager - Partnerships & Outreach (1-4 yrs)
About Us :
At Teach For India, we build a nationwide movement of leaders who work relentlessly to end educational inequity. Ten years into our journey we have 1000 Fellows who grow as leaders while teaching 38,000 low-income children and a growing movement of 3000 Alumni who work at all levels of the education system. We are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem. Over the next 3 years, we aim to keep growing this talent pipeline, supporting our Alumni to have even greater impact and innovating constantly to get closer to our vision. Our work will only be done when we have built a movement of leaders large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We- re committed to learning towards excellence in our roles and equally to practising the values that shape us as people. We are an equal opportunities employer and provide compensation and benefits which are at the top of the NGO sector.
Position Summary :
- The Manager for Partnerships and Outreach will be a part of a ten-member, National Marketing and Communications team. They will ensure the building and activation of meaningful partnerships and identify opportunities for new alliances across the 7 cities that Teach For India works in. They will report directly to the Communications and Marketing Director.
- This role envisions a dedicated leader who will take ownership of external alliances for 7 locations in India.
- You will also envision how Teach For India could get visibility, partner and collaborate with existing and relevant spaces in India. (Ranging from, but not limited to - Literature and Music Festivals, Conclaves and Events on Education, college fests, TEDx, Book Fairs, etc). Support our City Teams as they liaise with brands and local partners to build the TFI brand locally. Support our Recruitment and Development Teams as they build relationships with Campuses and Corporates.
- You will proactively build networks, relationships, and collaborations where the vision and mission of Teach For India can reach more individuals and organizations.
- Through your work, you will amplify the voices of important stakeholders:
- Friends of Teach For India
The National Communications team at Teach For India considers themselves the custodians of the brand. They handle everything related to brand communications, marketing, events, PR, design, merchandising or any element that authentically captures what Teach For India stands for. We innovate, create and optimize every aspect of communication in the hope that we can inspire an entire collective of changemakers to provide an excellent education to all children.
On a daily basis, we collaborate and thought partner to come up with new ideas to generate creative content and publish it across digital media, listen to stories and capture them across formats, think of all the platforms we can tap into to amplify these inspiring stories and design activations to immerse people in the Teach For India experience.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
1) A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee's staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
2) A work environment in which employees- holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
3) The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
4) Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organisations spanning 48 countries across 6 continents.
5) Remuneration that is competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents
Outreach Support - Establishing and maintaining dialogue and relationships with key stakeholders; identifying opportunities for forums with regional stakeholders, such as roundtables, workshops, forums, conferences, collaboration opportunities.
Strategic Partnerships - Support the local City team to nurture strategic engagement activities. Tasks will include envisioning partnerships and developing projects and programs to achieve common goals.
- Ensure a high-quality pool of photographers and filmmakers who will create content at the city level.
- Source and curate impact stories from Fellows, Students and Alumni from the 7 cities.
- Your work will include co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing and other forms of promotional events for the cities.
- Develop and launch creative partner marketing programs.
- Responsibility for partner co-marketing efforts.
- Driving the relationship-building process at multiple levels between partners and Teach For India.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies :
- Ability to evaluate partnerships, identify synergies, enable collaboration towards a larger purpose
- Previous working experience as an Outreach and Partnerships Manager for 2-5 year(s)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Networking aptitude
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Competencies :
BA/BS in Marketing, Communication or similar relevant field
Orientation towards innovation (openness, risk-taking, problem-solving, embracing failure) and scale (strategic thinking, identification of key levers, making bets)