Comms Manager at Teach For India
Views:79 Applications:17 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Teach For India - Event Manager (2-5 yrs)
At Teach For India, we build a nationwide movement of leaders who work relentlessly to end educational inequity. Ten years into our journey we have 1000 Fellows who grow as leaders while teaching 38,000 low-income children and a growing movement of 3000 Alumni who work at all levels of the education system. We are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem. Over the next 3 years, we aim to keep growing this talent pipeline, supporting our Alumni to have even greater impact and innovating constantly to get closer to our vision. Our work will only be done when we have built a movement of leaders large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We- re committed to learning towards excellence in our roles and equally to practicing the values that shape us as people. We are an equal opportunities employer and provide compensation and benefits which are at the top of the NGO sector.
- The Manager for Events, will be a part of an eight-member, National Marketing and Communications team. They will ensure the design, conceptualization and execution for high-stakes events for Teach For India. They will report directly to the Communications and Marketing Director and take on the responsibilities of delivering ambitious, inspiring, and impactful events for a diverse group of stakeholders.
- This role envisions a dedicated leader who will take ownership of all internal as well as external events for the organisation. You will be someone who loves multitasking, working with a diverse group of people with expertise in Vendor Management, Show-Running and Event Execution. The role will be instrumental in hosting events ranging from Theatrical Productions, Funding Events, Book Launches, and Special Events showcasing the Students, Fellows, Alumni for Teach For India. As the Manager for Events, you will be responsible for managing people/teams/venues/vendors spread across 7 locations in India.
- You will also envision how Teach For India could get visibility, partner and collaborate with existing and relevant events in India. (Ranging from, but not limited to - Literature and Music Festivals, Conclaves and Events on Education, college fests, TEDx, Book Fairs, etc.)
- Through your work, you will amplify the voices of important stakeholders:
- Friends of Teach For India
Team Overview :
- The National Communications team at Teach For India considers themselves the custodians of the brand. They handle everything related to brand communications, marketing, events, PR, design, merchandising or any element that authentically captures what Teach For India stands for. We innovate, create and optimize every aspect of communication in the hope that we can inspire an entire collective of changemakers to provide an excellent education to all children.
- On a daily basis, we collaborate and thought partner to come up with new ideas to generate creative content and publish it across digital media, listen to stories and capture them across formats, think of all the platforms we can tap into to amplify these inspiring stories and design activations to immerse people in the Teach For India experience.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
1) A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee's staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
2) A work environment in which employees- holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
3) The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
4) Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organisations spanning 48 countries across 6 continents.
5) Remuneration that is competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents
- Envision, develop and execute inspiring, high impact events; both external and internal.
- Outline a National Events Guideline - train and norm teams around it
- Devising and presenting ideas and strategies
- Ideation / conceptualisation, coordination and implementation of promotional activities
- Compiling and distributing financial and statistical information around the events
2. Stakeholder Management and Partnerships
Vendor Management and Negotiation, Collateral Management, Show-Running and Event Execution along with the ability to engage in Event Costings, Post and Pre Event Running and Job Cost Analysis Planning.
Leading a large, pan India and diverse team for Event Management
Strategic tie-ups with key partners
3. Recording or Maximizing impact
- Capture the event in a variety of formats (pictures, videos, anecdotes, etc.) to share on our digital platforms, with media, for donor and organisational reports.
- Writing reports
4. Outline a National Events Guideline
- Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of event and team management work experience
- Ability to evaluate partnerships, identify synergies, enable collaboration towards a larger purpose
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken, individual and group)
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Competencies :
- A Bachelor's or a Master's Degree in any field
- Some experience in vendor management
- Orientation towards innovation (openness, risk-taking, problem-solving, embracing failure) and scale (strategic thinking, identification of key levers, making bets)
- Creativity to design powerful experiences