AM at Syngene International
Views:127 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Syngene International - Corporate Communication/Medical Writing Role (5-12 yrs)
Job Location : Bangalore
Department : Corporate Communications
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development, and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods, and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene's clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA, and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Job Purpose: To research and create internal and external material (articles, interviews, graphics) to support the corporate communication objective of building the company's reputation in scientific excellence.
Key Responsibilities :
- Research, write and edit news, articles and features for science journals, industry, trade, and business publications, the general media and employees.
- Translate complex scientific information, hypotheses, and practices into language suitable for a range of uses including: non-specific science trade publications, business media and employees.
- Research and develop articles for both print and digital platforms tuning the messaging for the target audiences, and within agreed timelines
- Conducting interviews with scientists and academics and establishing a network of internal subject matter experts
- Read relevant scientific papers, company reports, newspapers, magazines and journals, press releases, and internet resources including social media and share relevant information with internal stakeholders
- Follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Uphold the Syngene values and role model leadership behaviors as an ambassador for the company in internal and external interactions
Educational Qualification :
- Graduate in a science-related discipline
- Masters in a science-related discipline
- A degree in communications would be an advantage
Technical/Functional Skills :
- Ability to comprehend scientific information
- Experience in writing for scientific journals and industry trade publications
- Experience and/or exposure to scientific journalism
- Good understanding of contract research organization set-ups
- Knowledge of working on MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company
- At least five years of relevant Medical Writing experience
Behavioral Skills :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, across levels, both internal and external
- Critical thinking, open-mindedness, agility, curiosity, good listening skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer :
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.