HR at Sulekha.com - New Media Private Limited
Views:147 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Sulekha - Category Cluster Head (2-8 yrs)
Category Cluster Manager- English : Sulekha eLearn
Sulekha is India's leading digital marketplace for expert services, connecting millions of Users and lakhs of Service Provider SMEs using technology, data, and AI. We focus on three broad clusters of categories - Home Improvement, Lifestyle, Higher Education - comprising 14 categories, each with its own unique characteristics and preferred methods for user need fulfilment.
We are looking for several good multi-faceted team-player managers with varied interests and a desire to create value through techdriven disruption. They will assume responsibility for the success of their category across multiple dimensions described below; each manager is the custodian of Consumer and Service Provider experience and service delivery for the specific category. Each manager's mission would be to make that category successful, as if this were the only category the company had as its business.
Sulekha eLearn Category Cluster Head- English
- eLearn is an online education portal launched recently by Sulekha. The website has sophisticated and rich user interfaces for creating a superior learning experience for the students and a fulfilling teaching experience for the teachers. With an, you will have a good grasp of students- requirements and will help to bring on-board the best of English instructors to offer an unmatched learning experience on our versatile eLearn platform.
- We are looking for an English Category Cluster Head who is passionate about English education and can steer Sulekha's transformation into an English learning destination of choice for millions of Indians looking to get ahead in their lives. As a cluster head of the English Category with eLearn, you will steer eLearn's transformation into a world class English learning platform of choice for millions of Indians aspiring to get ahead in their lives and career by improving their English communication skills. You will help build a rich ecosystem of high-quality instructors and engaged students by providing them topnotch online infrastructure powered by sophisticated technology and innovative processes, offering superlative content and unparalleled features, thus making teaching and learning enriching, engaging, productive and fun.
- What's in it for you It's not just a job. It's where you would work hands-on to make a meaningful impact to your life and brand Sulekha, creating a huge value in the lives of Indians, creating an education revolution by positively impacting the lives millions of students and tutors across the country across the country.
Responsibilities of Category Cluster Manager
- As the category manager, you will own the growth and development of the English category, with overall responsibility of crafting the category strategy and driving it to its successful execution ultimately driving sustainable business growth by consistently achieving revenue growth and profitability. You will:
- Help define the category vision/strategy, lead the development of the category roadmap through user research, generate new ideas to grow market share, improve student and tutor experience to drive growth, exhibit sound judgment and present clear measurable objectives leading to achieving business goals.
- Ensure current revenue of the category and have an eye for future opportunities/growth including needed business development
- Work with the ecosystem of institutions, instructors and students to foster partner relationships; get to know them, their use cases in depth and how they could use our products to solve their challenges
- Translate category strategy into detailed requirements and collaborate with engineering/ tech/ UX teams towards development of concrete platform features and additions to existing features for a better learning experience
- Understand and scope the market, i.e. know our market share, market segments, be aware of competitors, their strategy, and benchmark them on a regular basis; Scope and prioritize activities based on impact, drive execution against a product go-to-market plan
Hired Managers are likely to (snapshot of their work):
- Track key performance indicators for the category
- Continuously monitor Category website/consumer App to determine improvements by placing themselves in the shoes of the Consumer and Service Provider
- Directly discuss with consumers on how they make decisions plug observed gaps
- Continuously perform secondary research including various forums to understand competitors and update a document on competitors, both in India and elsewhere - Based on b,c, and d, lay out work-flow/product flow by coordinating with design, tech, and content team
- Coordinate the execution of the project mentioned in point
- Go on field visits.
- But it doesn't end here. The category manager has a huge role to play in shaping how we harness the full potential of online live English education and the huge business opportunity that it offers. There are challenges and many opportunities that we are yet to explore. And You will play an important role in seeking and solving these.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate from Tier1/2 Eng. Colleges with 2-3-4 years of experience or Tier1/Tier 2 Business schools with one-year+ experience (Must be in the Top 10% of the class). High score in CAT.
- Hands on with Excel. Hands on with SQL is a plus. Experience in relevant Programming such as R and Python is a plus
- Superb analytical/inference thinking, approximations, and communication skills required - Strong academics
- Demonstrated interest in or passion for consumer categories of any kind is a plus
- Successful candidates find that, with experience, they become outstanding techno-business leaders. They have the ability to directly impact Consumer and Service Provider experience, drive technical and commercial innovation, learn from their mistakes, work in a collaborative environment with outstanding technologists, marketeers, sales/business leaders, and obtain deep satisfaction from creating discernible value.
- Experience in the job will make them gradually comfortable with assuming P&L responsibilities. The positions will offer flexibility to move across different businesses, and thus work in different opportunity areas with varied challenges. Sulekha's growth is powered by its forward-looking innovation driven structure and a start-up culture of participation, learning and experimentation. Solid performance in this job ensures extreme personal and professional growth. This is one of the best jobs in the country in a vanguard industry. Are you up for it?