Story Digital - Copy Writer - Sports Segment (1-2 yrs)
Story Digital is looking for a Sports Copy Writer to handle its Sports Marketing vertical. The Sports Copy Writer will play a key role in handling Story Digital's sports-based clients, namely The Selector App and some other ambitious future projects. A desirable candidate should have a thorough understanding of major Indian sports including but not limited to cricket, football and kabaddi, and must be well-versed with sports content writing, copywriting and social-media marketing.
The Sports Copy Writer will be responsible for ideating, creating and executing social-media marketing strategies for The Selector App and other sports-based clients. This includes text and video.
About the Selector App: A first-of-its-kind Fan Decision System that allows cricket fans to make real-time decisions in a live cricket match. From the starting XI to the toss, captains, batting and bowling line-ups, on-field tactics and Man of the Match - everything is decided by the fans and is implemented on the field.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Execution of a pre-made content marketing strategy for The Selector App
- Social media campaign planning and execution to grow a page's following
- Coverage of daily sports news for the client's social-media pages
- Website and app content writing
- Coordination with graphic designers, video editors and social media marketers
- Monitoring marketing trends on social media
- Communication with clients and grievance redressal
- Generating engagement reports for internal assessment and clients- perusal
- Exploring different social media platforms designed for marketers
- Acting passively as a digital marketer to understand performance metrics of live advertisements
What you need:
- Proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking); excellent grammar and vocabulary - you must be a voracious reader
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Language Studies, Advertising or related fields.
- Comprehensive experience with social media as an active user on multiple platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Fondness for social-media posting and an ability to play with words to trigger emotions.
- Excellent levels of awareness in the fields of Sports and Marketing.
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills.
Experience in sports copy writing/marketing/journalism will be considered a plus.
You're required to share your resume and links to online (or samples of offline) work that showcases your content and strength in the choice of words, tone and vibe while applying.