Spyne.ai - Head - Creative Designer (3-8 yrs)
About Spyne :
- Spyne is Canva for Online Cataloging. Our vision is to empower the smallest of sellers, situated in the farthest of corners, to create superior product images and videos, without the need for any external professional help. Imagine 30M+ merchants shooting Product Images or Videos using their Smartphones, and then choosing Filters for Amazon, Asos, Airbnb, Doordash, etc to instantly compose High-Quality "tuned-in" product visuals, instantly.
- Spyne has built the world's leading image editing AI software, to capture and process beautiful product images for online selling. We are backed by one of the leading Global Investors and are disrupting the way Professional Cataloging is done across the globe currently.
Job Description :
We are looking for a Head Designer, who will lead a vibrant team of Graphic designers, producing beautiful catalog templates for our library. You'll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creatives, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend catalog templates across industries such as Automobile, eCommerce, Food, Fashion, Jewellery, Real Estate, etc. We need someone at a senior designer level, who loves working with design tools, while also briefing and managing the quality of a team of designers. You are expected to have a very strong creative eye for exceptional visual content and should be able to do deep research and come up with ideas to create high-quality templates that will break the current mold of cataloging.
Job Responsibilities :
- Work with our template designers and assist the team in creating and delivering groundbreaking catalog template designs.
- Mentor and guide junior designers to research and produce best-in-class templates for Spyne Cataloging AI.
- Brief our designers, illustrators, photographers, and videographers to execute high-quality content and templates.
- Create high-quality designs and templates that are tailored to and curated to campaigns.
- Drive design research, mood boards, brainstorming, and design reference sessions with the team.
- Work with copywriters to make sure template content suits the design
- Review designs created by our designers and provide feedback for revisions
- Check for template usability before publishing
- 3-5 years experience as a Graphic Designer, or a lead creating a diverse range of designs
- Experience in mentoring/managing junior designers or a team, can instruct other designers to get their designs closer to the vision
- The ability to initiate and lead design projects impacting diverse industries at Spyne
- Art direction experience - the ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines
- Extremely self-motivated and autonomous.
- Super detail-oriented. Small errors or oversights should jump off the screen for you
If this role sounds exciting to you, drop an email on email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn profile, and details on why you're excited about the role :)
Our Values :
The following cultural tenets describe how we treat each other and operate day-to-day at Spyne to achieve this vision. Outlining our culture helps everyone, from new hires to veteran employees understand how we interact and get work done in service of our mission. Some of these ideas are more aspirational than others, meaning they represent where we would like to be, not necessarily where we are today. Our goal as a team is to continually get closer to this ideal.
Customer Obsession :
We don't just solve customer problems, we over-index on making our customers have a delightful experience with us. We strive to be the easiest to use, most trusted, and most reliable platform. In every decision we make, we ask, - How does this create more value for our customers?-
Strong Bias for Action ;
We have a strong bias for action. We do quick experiments and fail, rather than wait for 10 approvals and let the idea die down. Our open culture enables quick communication to exchange ideas that lead to quick prioritization and thoughtful experiments. Constant prioritization of the tasks bringing high impact is our key focus. We focus on the 20% of work that will get us 80% of the impact.
Hire and Develop the Best :
We take extraordinary measures to have exceptional people in every seat. We ask whether each candidate will raise the average on the team before making an offer. We cast a wide net, to attract candidates from every background, focusing on both skill and culture alignment. We actively coach and develop our peers and juniors.
Strive for Highest Standards :
Be it Product, Tech, Sales, Marketing, Content, Design - we strive to become the best in our field. We help our peers become the best in their field by providing timely inputs. We are innovating in our space and in order to create a truly world-class product experience, we believe that there are no shortcuts that exist. We go the extra mile to do the last pixel manipulation that will make the visual output match or exceed the highest quality standards bar.
Championship Team :
We are a winning team, not a family, and have high expectations for performance and delivering results. We have an intense work culture and are regularly pushed out of our comfort zones. We take rest seriously, to improve productivity over the long term. We strive hard to continually earn employees- commitment and, likewise, expect employees to earn their seat at the company.
Act as Owner :
We take 100% responsibility for achieving the mission. We seek to improve all aspects of our company even in ways that are not explicitly part of our job.