Shopalyst - Data Journalist/Content Professional (1-4 yrs)
Data Journalist (Digital Commerce)
About Shopalyst :
- Shopalyst offers a Discovery Commerce platform for digital marketers. Combining data, AI, and deep integrations with digital media and e-commerce platforms, Shopalyst connects people with products they love. More than 500 marquee brands leverage our SaaS platform for data-driven marketing and sales in 30 countries across Asia, Europe, and the Americas. We have offices in Fremont CA, Bangalore, and Trivandrum. Our company is backed by Kalaari Capital.
About the Role : Data Journalist
- We are looking for an analytical mind that correlates information or stats, turns them into compelling storylines with a structured flow, and communicates those stories through powerful visualizations using the latest technologies. Prior experience in data journalism, and primary & secondary research backed up with e-commerce domain knowledge is what we are looking for. This will need you to deep dive into datasets, correlate with the related stats, draw storylines, and present compelling visualizations to the clients and internal stakeholders. Communicate effectively with both internal and external senior-level management to understand customer needs. This is a highly collaborative role, which requires excellent organization, clear communication and a passion for using data to drive successful partnerships. This role will be based out of Bengaluru.
- Ability to produce data-focused editorial content to a high standard.
- Understanding of how raw data can be turned into compelling insight and sharable content.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with knowledge of current trends
- Creative thinking skills.
- Generate ideas for data-driven stories and appropriate visualization
- Investigate and curate content based on briefs and based on findings
- Work diligently under deadlines to produce regular, written data-led content while simultaneously acting as an editing resource for other members of the staff.
- Analyze data to tell compelling stories. Uncover insights and write intriguing stories
- Demonstrate the ability to transform data into understanding through strong infographic design skills and narrative storytelling abilities. Rewire complex data insights into a narrative that resonates with a wide range of businesses and customers.
- Partnering with concerned teams for inputs to bring
- Come up with and execute exciting new data journalism formats that engage our readers and convert new subscribers
- Excellent grasp of the English language and current trends
- 1-4 years of experience in data journalism, e-commerce, and relevant fields
- Hands-on with new-age technologies
- Should know about the New age user economy.
- Should be able to clearly express views and articulate.
- Able to turn data into compelling stories
- Comfortable with building, cleaning, and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Sound understanding of data visualization principles
- Tech savvy - strong proficiency with Flourish and spreadsheets (able to use formulas)
- We understand that not all applicants will have skills that match the exact job description. We value diverse experiences in the relevant industry and encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. If you lack the desired experience but do have the knowledge and confidence to leave a mark, go ahead and apply.