Senior Content Writer - IT Hardware (3-6 yrs)
BlogVault is a proud collective of goofballs, smart-alecs, brainiacs, and professional weirdos who are committed to one thing - creating products that make WordPress easy to use for business owners.
- This segment is going to set expectations for you regarding the job and the company culture. Now, if that sounds like dull corporate sweet talk, you- re probably right. But in the immortal words of Batman, - Deal with it!-
- If you Are a writer of any competence or repute, this will sound very familiar to you:
- Your day is spent mostly in some corner desk in front of the PC where you occasionally chuckle at your own work. That's good. We enjoy that in all our writers.
- You Are a professional storyteller who can build a narrative worth listening to out of corporate sweet talk. Let's face it. You do that all the time.
- You consume as much content as you create. This is non-negotiable. You must have the thirst to keep creating increasingly addictive content yourself.
- You understand the importance of being lazy enough to sit back and daydream. We know that lazy people have crazy ideas.
- You Are very aware of how weird you are and you- re perfectly at peace with it. It helps somewhat that your friends are usually weirder.
- You have the - Shiny New Syndrome- a crippling disease where you find something new and shiny to do every 3 seconds and they all sound appealing. Again, crazy ideas are always a pro.
- You Have handled rejection in life professionally and on a personal front. It's OK. Some crazy ideas need to be put down and you know it. No hard feelings.
Sounds familiar? Good. You- ll fit right in.
Just in case you haven- t figured it out yet, we value weird people. It's your job to create great content. It's our job to align you with projects that make an actual difference in our business numbers.
Here's what happens next:
You'll apply for the job
We'll send you a test if you get shortlisted
You'll go through a couple of quick calls and interviews
We'll hire the most qualified weirdo
When you reply to your hiring test, please mention - professional weirdo- in the body of your email so that we know you read this and are comfortable with it.
We are looking for writers who care deeply about what they write. The wordcount and the keyword density take second place to creating pure art. You- ll be responsible for writing content on extremely techy topics that our - normie- readers will find dull and uninteresting. It- ll be your job to make that content engaging enough to read and helpful enough for our readers to say, - Shut up and take my money!-
Your daily activities will include:
- Researching and creating content outlines with the help of the marketing team
- Creating powerful B2B content that aims to convince and convert
- Collaborating with the engineering team to construct data-driven stories that sell
Qualifications and Skills
You will have to check all these boxes for us to consider you :
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in writing B2B content for SaaS companies.
- You have experience in creating content that makes techy topics easy to consume.
- You can adopt new technology products quickly and ask the right questions to create compelling content.
- You are capable of owning your projects and don- t need us to send you hourly follow-ups.
- You must be a daily consumer of serialized, addictive content such as web series, email sequences, social media commentaries, comedy, etc.
- You must be passionate about at least one thing besides content. It can be anything at all. We don- t care WHAT it is, but your life must have more than just content writing in it.
- You must have a very distinctive tone and voice in your content and IRL.
- You must be open to criticism and learning new things. Like Netflix, we have a very strict policy on - no talented assholes- (their words, not ours).