Sales Officer - FMCG (4-6 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION : SALES OFFICER (General Trade)
Reporting To : AREA SALES MANAGER
Plan, direct and implement Sales strategies and programs to achieve or exceed the sales objectives for the Company.
- Maintain consistent contact and provide sales and service to all (retailers and distributors) in his specific assigned Region.
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources in his area of responsibility particularly sales/promotional budget.
- Assist ASM with promotional ideas to increase business within the region.
- Achieve sales revenue numbers, budget and profit goals for your assigned Region.
- Assist in managing monthly/quarterly/annual sales budgets and objectives within your Region.
- Understand and utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities and develop sales presentations for assigned Region.
- Provide feedback to management from key retail and distributor customers.
- Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major customers within your region.
- Regular communications of sales calls and results to ASM.
- Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expense reports and any assigned reports to Area Sales Manager in a timely manner.
- Regular contact with retailers and distributors to ensure seamless continuity of efforts
. - Execute the sales volume numbers, trade spending objectives and any other goals given by ASM. - Specific interaction with marketing, i.e. Sales Support materials, etc.
- Identify and track all industry trends and issues, i.e. - natural and retail growth, distributor changes, opportunities, segment variations, etc.
- Recommend an expedient/appropriate action plan to the Area Sales Manager.
- Implement all tracking/reporting tools, in conjunction with Finance, Customer service, etc.
- Assist in managing your Regional budget by SKU and trade spending for all brands.
- Track and report all competitive activities.