CEO at Wavelength International
Views:108 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Sales Coordinator - Logistics (2-4 yrs)
About the company
We are a young and an aggressive team of people who are expanding an International trading house focusing on paper and packaging grades. We are selling in many countries and are always looking to expand our customer base and to help us manage our operations better we are looking for an enthusiastic young professional who will ideally act as one point of contact with the suppliers and logistics vendors like forwarders/ cha and shipping agents..
A Logistics Coordinator facilitates communication between production, sales and distribution stages to promote a healthy and efficient supply chain.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operation for export shipments
- Getting Sea Freight Quotes from forwarders/ shipping lines when required.
- Coordinating transportation providers to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments.
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay.
- Vessel availability check as per request.
- Finalize rates with forwarder with clear vessel schedule/ vessel details like transit time, ETA, ETD, Free days etc.
- Release bookings in Advance.
- Coordinate with factory for earliest production schedule.
- Arrange containers as per stuffing schedule.
- Prepare record of Empty containers (pics), cargo pics, label Pics, container nos.
- Take care of any special requirement like packing, Label etc.
- Making special shipping arrangements as necessary
- Tracking and fixing shipping errors
- Share container details with factory for loading plan.
- Arrange all shipping docs and submit to accounts / documentation teams.
- Ensuring that the quality of all services provided meets the required standards
- Developing processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized
Ideal candidate should have:
- 2-4 years of working experience in logistics and/or sales coordination preferably with some shipping line or a freight forwarding company
- Strong communication skills and ability to self-initiate and follow up closely on all coordination related responsibilities
- Should be able to work well with the team and communicate information in timely and efficient manner
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and SCM & ERP software.