SalaryBox - Director - Sales (5-12 yrs)
The firm :
- It's an amazing time to be joining SalaryBox as we continue to transform attendance and payroll for over 60 million MSME's in India.
- Backed by Y-Combinator, SalaryBox is India's leading attendance and payroll app. Considered to be the engine of economies around the world, the MSME segment in India alone has ~63 million units, and employs ~100 million people. The sector accounts for 27% of GDP and is crucial to the functioning of the economy.
- We are on a mission to make work easier for these business owners, managers, and employees so that they can focus on the things they do best.
- Today, SalaryBox is a fun bunch of analytical and ambitious folks building the first-of-its-kind technologies for the MSME ecosystem. We are here to enhance the employee experience of over 10 million end consumers in the next twelve months. Our mission is big, so we act with urgency in everything we do. We find creative ways to test ideas and learn today so that we focus on the right things tomorrow.
And we are just getting started!
Website : https://www.salarybox.in/
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/salaryboxapp
The role :
- We are looking for a Director of Sales to join our team. You will be required to have a deep, end-to-end understanding of acquiring and retaining customers, and specific sales experience in the Indian MSME SaaS market.
- You will help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping the firm competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential and crafting sales plans.
- You'll have a unique opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with our customers and to apply and hone business skills in an entrepreneurial environment. You will be exposed to a dynamic workplace, and work cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple disciplines, to ensure our customers are positioned for success.
You are the ideal candidate if :
- You are self-driven and ambitious and are constantly challenging the status quo. You are comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take on new responsibilities. You are highly organized, and with a deep knowledge of technology and a great aptitude for learning.
- You can think on your feet and are great at making quick decisions. At the same time, you are an affable person who always seems to make friends and connections wherever you go. Popularity and solid networking can be huge assets in the working world, and you master it.
- Your efficiency and clear communication are valued, your leadership is admired, and your ability to simply get things done is unrivaled.
- As a manager, you are confident, a charismatic communicator, and communicate strongly: get the job done as efficiently as possible and to the highest standard of quality.
- If this is you, you are the right person for this job!
Sales Strategy : Develop & implement creative and well-defined sales strategies to increase market share and market penetration
Execution : Converting long term strategy into Quarterly and Monthly action plans
Data-driven implementation : Leverage information being collected during every sales interaction to help personalize sales messaging, better anticipate the needs of customers, and create repeatable success with prospects.
Target achievement : Delivering on targets - Top line, bottom line & market share
Market & Competitor Analysis : Getting a deeper understanding of online/offline markets, actual customer requirements, perception, and scale.
People Leadership : Build, groom, and retain the sales team and set goals, define KPIs and ensure the team tracks effectively towards goals
Relationship Building : Develop strong relationships with customers as well as key stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations) to ensure quick business turnarounds
What we are offering :
- An open, transparent culture with a Quality over quantity approach
- We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our industry.
- We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more informed choices.
- We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there's no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
- A young and vibrant team brimming over with ideas and on the job learning and working on some path-breaking projects
- Chance to make a direct impact in the lives of millions of MSME business owners and their employees