Saathi - Sales & Distribution Lead (2-8 yrs)
Saathi Bio :
- Saathi is a manufacturing company that makes eco-friendly hygiene products. Founded by graduates from MIT (US) and Nirma, we are innovators in the use of alternative materials and zero-waste production. Our mission is to create hygiene products that are good for the body, environment, and community.
- Our first product, biodegradable sanitary pads made from banana fibre, stands to revolutionize the feminine hygiene sector. Each woman using Saathi pads can save 60kg of pad waste in her lifetime. When women purchase a box of Saathi pads, they subsidize the price of pads sold to women in urban slum and rural areas. We are building an unstoppable team to help us bring Saathi biodegradable pads to women across India, and around the world.
- Saathi is looking for an energetic, data-driven Sales & Distribution Lead to build Saathi's brand recognition and lead our urban market launch. You will be in charge of designing on and offline consumer engagements, generating sales leads and developing our long-term distribution strategy. You are eager to translate your two or more years experience in a similar role into a fast, sustainable growth plan for Saathi. This position will be based in Ahmedabad and has an immediate start date.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Develop and implement a local and international sales & distribution plan for Saathi sanitary pads
- Develop and implement effective sales & marketing strategies for stepwise launch of product in pan Indian urban market
- Build relationships with distributors and develop terms of business
- Attend local markets & exhibitions - working with the Marketing team on a variety of other market communications initiatives
- Meet sales targets and develop a strategy.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications :
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience in leading a Sales & Distribution function for a brand or range of products
- Must have experience in selling FMCG products.
- Must have current experience in leading a sales function across consumer related products
- Must think strategically
- Excellent experience in building relationships with new customers and enhancing existing relationships to maximize sales & margin returns
- Ability to understand competitive analysis and be a knowledge base for the product range
- Excel in fast-paced, dynamic work environments
- Prefer independently-led work style as opposed to hierarchical management
- English fluency
Bonus skills: Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have experience in selling sanitary pads or any FMCG products.