Qubit Capital - Manager - Investor Relationship (1-2 yrs)
Job Description: Investor Relations
IR Opportunity Overview
Investor Relations is responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders. The holder of this job reports directly to the founders and is responsible for creating the appropriate strategy, framework, and tactics, as well as for providing a very compelling investor relations roadmap. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. It also requires the ability to carefully manage relationships outside the company in the equity research and investor community.
The main responsibilities for the IR position are:
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company's vision and strategy
- Develop robust investor relations, strategy, and framework and understand investor thesis.
- Create and manage a strong reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between startups and investors.
- Mapping available mandates of startups with the available investors
- Manage equity research and investor relationships
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to the leadership team
- Conversion or closure of the deals
- The IR must be a sound professional who has extensive experience in generating business results and leading teams with effective management skills. The job requires a corporate professional who also has entrepreneurial skills or has startup exposure and looks to the future with optimism to envision what could be possible. Success in this role requires collaboration, communication, leadership, and vision.
- Qualifications desired for Investor Relations are:
- An MBA (Finance) is an asset
- 2 or more years of experience in handling relations with corporate or managing strategic alliances are mandatory
- Experience with Venture Capital Funds, Private Equity Funds or Family Offices
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry
- Intimately familiar with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- A professional who is also entrepreneurial, and has a client-minded focus
Has superb written and verbal communication skills