Provakil - Manager - Business Development (1-3 yrs)
Provakil, started by IIT Kharagpur alumni and Supreme Court advocate, provides legal teams, law firms, and lawyers relevant data on their cases from more than 8000 courts across India. This data helps them manage their case orders and listings effectively. Collating this data right from the apex court to the district and consumer courts spread to the farthest corner of India is no easy feat but we have been successfully nailing this for the last 4 years.
Now we have a rapidly increasing customer base across all industries and more and more of our customers are enterprises with presence in multiple locations.
We have an independent culture in the office where we encourage idea brainstorming. With a packed pantry full of snacks, tea, and a full course lunch we ensure you are fueled up throughout the day. Every quarter we meet up outside the office for a team bonding activity.
We are looking for people who can adapt to and contribute effectively as we increase our presence across India. If you think you can take up the challenge of working for a focused and fast-growing award-winning startup, then we can be the right fit for you.
Currently, we are looking for a Business Development Manager for the Chennai location. As a BDM, your primary responsibilities will be :
- Focusing on customer acquisition
- Researching accounts, identifying key players, and generating interest
- Closing sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Performing effective in-person demos to potential customers
- Maintaining and expanding your database of potential customers within your assigned territory
- Solving day to day problems effectively before they turn into showstopper issues
- Conducting cold calls with potential clients
- Generating business referrals from current clients
- Generating leads for potential clients from the web
- Having a proven business development/sales experience
- Over-achieving the given quota
- Listening intently and presenting correctly
- Multitasking and prioritizing tasks
- Managing time effectively
Being a startup, we value any additional values you bring to the table. However, here are a few that would put you ahead of all other applicants :
- Business acumen
- Ability to understand people's buying patterns
- Ability to build a brand
- Ability to ask great questions and make potential clients listen intently to the responses
- Ability to develop action plans on the set goals
If you think you are the right person for this job, send your resume to