Proofreader & Editor (1-3 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Read and evaluate written text for grammatical and typographical error
- Compare typeset proofs against original copy to identify errors or omission
- Use word processors and other specialized software to make changes on typeset documents
- Evaluate the dimensions of page elements such as images, text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- Ensure page numbers are in the right order and not repeated or omitted
- Analyze documents to ensure chapter titles match list of contents
- Use symbols which are standard and recognized by printing and publishing companies
- Mark corrections highlighted by editors/authors and ensure they reflect on the master set proofing
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Stay abreast with grammatical development as well as new terminologies in a language
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Contact authors directly to clarify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
- Forward proofread materials for approval and publication
- Ensure the project is completed within set time constraints.
Requirements and Qualification:
- Require a Bachelor's /Master's Degree most preferably in English, journalism, or mass communication, or in a related field (BSC/MSC)
- About 0-1 years of experience in proofreading or editing the written content.
- Knowledge of standard proofreading practices, procedures, and concepts.
- Identify and rephrase grammatical errors to ensure an error-free text
- Correctly assemble words and apply them in writing.