Phonepe- Cluster Manager - Offline Sales (3-8 yrs)
About Us: PhonePe is the leader in UPI based payments in India. Our goal is to make digital payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe started in 2015 and crossed 2 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. We have customer base of 185 mm users and 10 mm merchants live on our platform.
Summary: The role will entail developing in-depth understanding of Key Accounts of different industry verticals - F&B / Hospitality/FMCG/FMCD / Healthcare & Wellness / Lifestyle. The role also requires an efficient leader who monitors the operations and hence ensures efficiency in execution at any point in time. The role will report to a Zonal Manager Direct Reports: 5-7 Key Account Executives
Responsibilities: Merchant Acquisition : Set up and lead the team to achieve merchant acquisition goals and targets - Track progress against plan by implementing strong processes & review mechanism using well - defined metrics
Account Management : Set up and drive the team to achieve active merchant targets through effective servicing - Ensuring effective deployments, training and farming of merchants acquired
- Plan, assess & implement monetization avenues
Map Competition :
- Monitor competition activity in key accounts and ensure appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented - Share best practices internally for growth of the larger team
Team and Stakeholder Management :
- Contributions in the areas of leadership development, employee engagement, organization development and capacity building
- Work with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Customer experience
- MBA from Tier 2/3 campus with good academic record
- Proven working experience of 4-6 years in sales/business development with at-least 1 year in modern trade / Key account management
- Excellence communication and influencing skills
- Should have handled team and processes like goal setting, performance management, etc.
- Strong ethics and discretion while dealing with customers
- Drive for result, able to demonstrate/quantify success relative to established targets and metrics
- Strong bias for action, problem solving and ownership
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders and be a team player
- Exposure to start up environment is an added advantage.