Packt - Copy Editor/Copywriter (1-6 yrs)
1. Market all its products more effectively across all channels
2. Engage authors and convince them to generate a long lasting and fruitful relationship with Packt
It is vital that Product Information Copywriter (reporting to the Product Optimisation & Marketing Manager) follows robust processes to create superior, optimised Product Information for all of our channels to maximise unit sales and revenue.
The ongoing business goals of this role are to ensure the Marketing and Engagement team achieves its key targets of increased product unit sales, revenue, RPT and LTV driven by Amazon.
Product Information Copywriting
- Using the schedule, base level product information, and robust guidelines supplied to you, fully immerse yourself in each title to write the Product Information that is required to enable Packt to sell the title in all channels prior to publication
- Ask appropriate questions of the Category Management and Publishing teams to ensure that you fully understand the title and the target audience before you write
- Ensure that you conduct rigorous editing and proofreading of your Product Information (PI), and that of your team members when requested
- Take on board the feedback you receive on the title PI from Publishing and Category Management teams and make appropriate changes to the copy to accommodate these changes.
- As and when necessary (determined by your schedule) conduct rewrites of currently published titles to optimise the Product Information in an attempt to drive better discoverability and revenue
- Carry out keyword research using an Amazon-specific keyword tool to ensure the correct keywords are being included in copy to maximise discoverability
- Research copywriting best practices for other channels, and support with PI optimisation as and when required
Product Information Copy Optimisation Research
- Conduct regular desktop research to identify potential enhancements and optimisations to Product Information that are new or haven- t been considered by Packt
- Submit these to your line manager for consideration for testing and implementation if successful
Channel, India and Partner Copywriting Support
- Work collaboratively with Publishing Marketing, Author Engagement, Content and Product teams to create copy to support channel marketing campaigns and collateral, product collateral and author engagement initiatives
- Work to the briefs and timescales provided to you in your schedule to ensure that deadlines are met
- Provide all amends requested in a timely manner