HR Executive at Oxfam India
Views:1336 Applications:256 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Oxfam - Coordinator - Communications (6-8 yrs)
Scope of Position
To lead Oxfam Trailwalker's communication and marketing. Manage social media profiles, develop website content and community building for Oxfam Trailwalker - India.
- Lead Event Communications including, but not limited to:
- Developing a dynamic social media identity for the Oxfam Trailwalker India brand
- Writing for Trailwalker social media accounts
- Write scripts for Trailwalker videos
- Design and create digital communication material including graphics, gifs or videos for social media
- Audience engagement
- Writing for, managing and updating Trailwalker website
- To write and manage Trailwalker blogs
- Work closely with the digital team to devise strategy and plans for visibility and quantifiable traction
- To meet business objectives through digital and social media communication
- LIVE event communication during the events
- Designing Print Collateral
- Design yearly event style sheet/ theme basis which the event tonality will be set
- Design print communication material including posters, event handbooks, standees, pamphlets, certificates etc.
- Design/ manage agency for final Trailwalker event collaterals including on-ground material
- Email Marketing
- Prepare supporter journeys to keep Trailwalker database engaged throughout the year
- Preparation of emailers including content and design
- Manage dispatch of email communication though MailChimp and keep a track on the performance
- Driving Fundraising efforts through email marketing with existing donor base
- Partnerships and Coordination
- Work closely with the PR agency for comprehensive event coverage
- Identify newer avenues and collaboration/ partnership opportunities for Oxfam Trailwalker (Including Influencers)
- Overview coordination with external agencies and vendors for products and services
- To evaluate and report monthly goals and outcomes
- To liaison with regional teams to source relevant content
- To suggest and research on latest trends & tools in digital space
- To develop a social media toolkit for regional staff
- To report from the ground and support humanitarian hub during disasters, emergencies and other humanitarian efforts, to the supporter base.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Advertising, PR, English (H) or Mass Communications
- Functional Experience of atleast 6 years in an agency/ organization
- Functional expertise in design tools esp Adobe Suite
- Strong knowhow of digital analytics (Hootsuite, Sprout social etc.)
- Knowledge of video editing
- Exposure to MailChimp, website design and development, HTML, Drupal CMS, Google analytics preferred
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Open to learning new tools and communication ideas
Department: Public Engagement
Location: New Delhi (During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India)
Contract: Term of Three Years (Renewable based on Mutual Agreement)
Reports To: Head - Oxfam Trailwalker with Matrix Reporting to Assistant Manager - Content
Travel: The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively and be deployed for extended periods in humanitarian response programmes in the field.
About Oxfam India
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
- Accountability - Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment - Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty should feel they could make change happen.
- Inclusiveness - We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and will be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
About Trail walker
Oxfam Trailwalker India is Oxfam's biggest global annual fundraiser. A team endurance event where teams of 4 walk 100km within 48 hours (or 50km within 24 hours) and raise funds to support Oxfam's work.
Oxfam Trailwalker India debuted in the city of Bengaluru in 2012. Subsequently, a new trail/event was introduced in Mumbai in 2013; and 2021 will see a third city, Hyderabad, added to the list.