OceanOfWeb - Senior Manager - Business Development & Sales Operations (7-15 yrs)
A senior resource within the sales and BD function, reporting to MD Wiley India, responsible for evaluating and predicting sales and BD trends, optimizing sales and BD opportunities, analyzing impact as well as effort within and deploy as well as job to job business for the purpose of forecasting and evaluating sales pipeline, strategies and revenue. The job also entails tracking and measuring performance of alumni recruitment and engagement teams. The requires a strong data driven approach as well as extensive use of salesforce, CRMs, sales prediction software, building analysis and detailed sales reports, and making informed suggestions for how to improve company profitability.
- The resource needs to make sharp consideration of the market and business landscape and support building relevant sales strategies in alignment to enable growth in revenue and market share. The role would need to work with various functions and leadership team such as talent sourcing, inside sales, marketing, business development as well as partnerships and sales.
Sales Growth Strategies for Revenue
- Develop strategies for expanding market share, researching new clients and analysing market trends, competition as well as opportunity areas to define sharper client specific sales strategies.
- Assess data like customer metrics, competitor information, and sales channels to determine the best methods of increasing both revenue and market share
- Analyse sales efforts and estimations, current and past sales data to determine trends in productivity; advising on sales goals and budgets, as well as on marketing spends
- Analysis efforts vs impact and advising on strategies for various functions such as talent sourcing, alumni engagement, marketing, inside sales, business partnerships
- Conducting research and monitoring the competition and the surrounding market; analyze requirements and trends of our learner and consumer base and target demographic;
- Provide advice to marketing departments, sales teams, and executives to develop sales targets, assess strategies to boost revenue, and develop promotional campaigns and budgets.
Reports and Analysis :
- Analyzing data from sales, business development, talent and various other functions to analyze efforts, working alongside and providing support/advise to the Finance, Marketing, and Sales departments as well as various CRMs and sales tools as relevant including
- Suggesting adjustments and revisions to current sales techniques and promotional strategies to improve sales and profitability based on market research and new trends
- Acting as a consultant for the company's marketing strategies, assisting in the design of promotional material when required
- Assisting in implementing budget and marketing changes, as well as following up in order to evaluate the results;
- Providing customized reports and recommendations supporting ongoing business decisions or initiatives; and
- Building focused reports and ongoing dashboards for leadership teams to accelerate decision-making
Sales Management Operations Systems/ Salesforce and CRM Management
- Deep monitoring of data from salesforce and other proprietary CRM platforms for evaluating and maintaining pipeline, customer data as well as opportunities
- Supporting Sales Management Operations System KPI/Scorecard Development and Distribution Maintains on Salesforce
- Weekly/Monthly/Annual Reporting and insight Support
- Effectiveness/Consolidated Feedback Action Log Maintenance and Follow up Target Account Analysis/Key Contact
- CRM Maintenance and Standardization Dashboard Development for leadership teams,
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE :
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint and other CRM tools
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to work with multiple teams with ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills
- A wide degree of problem solving attitude, data analysis skills
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential