Senior HR Executive at Biofi UV IR Products
Views:645 Applications:246 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:132
National Sales Manager - FMCG (10-20 yrs)
Position Description :
A National Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring that a company's sales objectives across all regions in the country are met. This role requires the flexibility to work long and unconventional hours and being accessible to clients and employees during evenings and weekends. Additionally, a National Sales Manager must meet with the sales departments across the country and attend conferences and trade shows, which requires frequent traveling.
This is a senior position that involves supervising the entire sales team of the organization. You must have extensive experience in sales, and typically work their way up from being Regional Sales Managers. As a senior member of the Sales and Marketing leadership team and will build and maintain a high performance sales organisation to achieve agreed business objectives.
Objectives of this Role :
- Researches and gathers appropriate information on target markets to qualified leads and plans and executes an effective sales approach Develop and implement effective sales strategies
- Lead nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
- Able to cultivate strong multi-player relationships
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the sales department
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Prepare and develop targets at a national level to then be broken down to regional levels.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting annual sales targets for regions/territories, sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients- needs
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency
- Keep abreast of new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
- Must ensure that there is sufficient supply and demand of the goods or services. Increasing demand can involve setting competitive pricing and any providing discounts, as well as recording data about sales trends in individual territories.
- Work with distributors and dealers is imperative to establish proper displays, knowledge and overall strategies of the business.
- Provide relevant information from sales activities to marketing teams that help with crafting productive marketing strategies. Ensure that consistent brand identity is upheld in all correspondence and campaigns, and liaise with other executives to identify new markets and customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service, as they are the face of the company's sales team, and responsible for the clients- overall satisfaction by making themselves available to important clients.
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Previous working experience as a National Sales Manager or 10+ years as Regional Sales Manager
- Bachelor- s/ PG in Sales, Business Administration or similar relevant field
- Work experience from FMCG companies preferred.
- In depth knowledge of managing a high performance sales team
- Hands on experience with CRM software & Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Marketing or advertising experience
- Applicable experience of sales performance metrics
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Customer oriented with strong negotiation skills to create the most profitable deals
- Analytical and data driven problem solver
- Persuasion skills to be able to convince clients to purchase goods and inspire employees to succeed
- Strong management skills to lead employees across different territories