Morningstar - Manager - Marketing (5-10 yrs)
Marketing Manager - Investment Management
The Team : The Marketing and Communications team creates integrated communications and campaigns that aim to make the Morningstar brand tribal. Consisting of marketing managers, events managers, designers, writers, corporate communications professionals, digital strategists, behavioural scientists, and more, this collaborative team serves our marketing needs across our business. We are data-driven experimenters who work to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We also drive demand by developing go-to-market strategies for Morningstar products. The team works globally to maintain a consistent brand experience everywhere Morningstar serves investors.
The Role :
- We are looking for an individual with experience in investment marketing gained within an asset / portfolio management firm to join the Marketing team.
- In this role you will work across the business and the creative, events, and operations Marketing Services teams to create and deliver sales and marketing content and collateral.
- You will also be responsible for supporting our sales communication efforts and ensuring that the Morningstar brand is clearly and consistently communicated. This position reports to the Associate Director Marketing and Morningstar Investment Management Director (India) within our investment business. The role is based in our Mumbai office.
Marketing and Sales Support
- Creation and ongoing maintenance/provision of marketing and communications collateral / materials to support the Investment Management business and products with a specific focus on Managed Portfolios.
- Create and maintain a collateral hub of content specific to the India investment product range, services and business.
- Work with senior members of the Business to evolve product development and management framework.
- Coordinating support from internal stakeholders (in EMEA, US, AU)
- Collaborate with the broader marketing team (communication, design) to ensure a consistently high-profile and high-quality association for the Morningstar brand for conference materials, adverts, brochures, signage etc. and pre and post event media coverage.
- Coordinate preparation of review and reporting materials (regular and ad-hoc)
- Coordinating Best Practice and Process
- Represent the Investment Management Business in Squad meetings
- Act as point of contact and coordinate feedback on various issues across India and Global MIM marketing teams
- Strong experience of 5-8 years in product marketing towards clients (investment advisory and intermediated/distribution businesses)
- Ideally you will have experience of working closely with sales and a base knowledge of investments
- Proven experience in working cross-functionally within an organisation
- Strong project management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal, communication, writing, proof-reading and editing skills
- Good influencing and communication skills to forge effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to design, develop, and implement marketing strategies and supporting tactics
- Good experience in/knowledge of the financial services industry
A team player :
- Digital marketing experience a plus
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with qualifications that demonstrates a keen interest in marketing.
- Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.