HR at Mercom Communication India
Views:623 Applications:193 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Mercom Communications - Copy Editor (2-4 yrs)
Mercom India is looking for News Copy editors with experience editing digital and print publications to brighten and sharpen stories and headlines - fast. Our publications need an editor to ensure that content is attractive, accurate and ready for publication, completing tasks such as fact-checking, writing headlines, editing for grammar, spelling, and following the Mercom style guide.
The Copy Editor must have 2-3 years of experience and wants to be part of a dynamic online and print news organization focused on India's renewable and clean technology markets.
The ideal candidate will have experience in energy and business sectors in India and will be able to analyze data, news, and trends required to develop original content. The editor will also be responsible for writing original news stories.
The candidate will be responsible for :
- Reports and edits of news coverage and long-form stories quickly
- Monitor news sources and industry activity to identify original stories and content
- Select and assign news stories to reporters based on Mercom guidelines
- Manage Mercom India's website news pages
- Ensure best practices for web publishing per Mercom guidelines when working with reporters
- Manage the editing process by fixing any grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors and ensure names, places and organizations are spelled properly and facts, dates and statistics are accurate and adhere to Associated Press (AP) style guide.
- Must be familiar with the U.S. English editing and writing.
- Proof, edit, and rewrite for clarity, and format executive-level documents and market research reports for clients
- Must liason with Mercom's research team and enhance news stories by connecting them to Mercom data, reports, charts, and graphs
- Edit, copy to improve clarity and ensure content has the appropriate tone and word choice for the target audience
- Verify abbreviated terms and jargon, data sources, and URLs using standard reference resources
- Provide feedback and guidance to writers
- Manage document repository and document archive
- Ability to line-edit stories and develop story ideas with reporters
- Ability to write web-friendly headlines
- Ability to leverage multimedia content to enhance stories and user experience, clarifying details with reporters when necessary.
- Copy Editors are also expected to write complete news articles during downtime.
- Must have experience using social media to find and promote stories
- Must be familiar with content management systems, photo editing
software and web analytics tools
- Must posess excellent written English, good spelling and grammar
- Should be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and have the ability to maintain a high quality of work while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be prepared to work long hours when needed
- Must posess strong ethical values and social conduct
- Must be an excellent fact checker and should have the ability to verify data
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and quality
- Must be creative, flexible, and willing to do what it takes to deliver a finished product
- Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit resume
- This position is based in Bangalore