Meesho - Manager - Business Development - Field Sales (4-6 yrs)
About Meesho :
Meesho is building a disruptive social distribution channel via social sellers selling on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social channels. Meesho has so far enabled 10,00,000+ social sellers across 500+ towns to start and grow their online business, with tools around sourcing, logistics, and payments. These social sellers are small retailers, housewives, students, retired citizens and many other aspiring entrepreneurs across India.
Meesho is Series B funded by SAIF Partners, Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator & Venture
Highway. We are looking for dynamic, open-minded self-starters who enjoy Business
Leadership roles and would like to build a Category in an extremely fast-growing e-commerce company impacting millions of Indians.
About the Role :
- Reach out to the universe of merchants and sign them up for Meesho marketplace after negotiating the best commissions with sellers.
- Source catalogs of these merchants and ensure availability of a wide variety of products.
- Work closely with the merchandising team to get the catalogs live on the marketplace.
- Be the single point of contact for all existing and new merchants who want to sell on the platform.
- Generate market information and bring in regional expertise/ local flavor insourcing.
- Deliver exceptional results against target.
- Utilize a Client-centric approach to understand the ambitions of clients and be able to demonstrate how Meesho can support that with a clear ROI.
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings and manage your territory to the highest standards.
- Work strategically with the team to start, grow and support all aspects of the business sales cycle.
- Gather and relay market feedback information to the sales and leadership teams.
- Maintain records of all interactions with qualified prospects using our internal tracking database.
What we look for :
- 4-6 years- experience in E-Commerce Business Development Background especially in the Fashion industry.
- Good vendor base knowledge of Area for which he is being hired.
- Good communication and convincing power.
- A business development mindset and strong operational coordination.
- Good spoken and written communication skills & A keen sense of the market and its trends.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.