Talent Advisor at Medtronic
Views:177 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:73
Medtronic - Area Manager - Sales & Marketing (7-12 yrs)
Area Manager- New Market, Cardiac & Vascular Group, Mangalore
Careers that Change Lives :
- We are looking for a competitive and trustworthy Area Manager to help us build up our business activities. You will be responsible for discovering and pursuing new sales prospects and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- The goal is to meet and surpass the company's expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth .
- Sales teams are the key point of contact between an organisation and its clients for answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products.
- We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life :
- To over achieve sales revenue and market share targets for a specified regional territory, by promoting cardiology products and therapies to doctors/ specialists.
- To practice effective account management, KOL management, promote the therapies, maintain product and technical competency and provide market information (MIS) on a timely basis
- Responsible for achieving Secondary AOP in terms of product units and revenue
- Ensure coverage of all accounts on the basis of customer segmentation within territory in agreement with the manager to maintain optimum level of exposure and effective time management.
- Maintain and expand existing business and develop new business opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying the customers/doctors and driving customer engagement activities, market development initiatives such as HHFA, Project Engage, Go Direct, KAM & Ecom . To create awareness about products and therapies
- In the cathlab, assist and provide support to doctors on implants
- Manage marketing expenses, spend on marketing programs for HCP
- Communicate marketing plans / intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, and information regarding product price or account activity to appropriate company personnel.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features, strengths in relation to the company's products and provide the information in agreed format on weekly basis to manager
- Would be responsible for KOL Management in terms of scheduling activities & planning effective customer engagement programs like CMEs and RTMs as per BCS compliance and maintaining productive relationships with them
- Plan and execute training and technical programs for Key Hospitals
- Engage non-prescribing customers, hospitals administrators, staffs to maintain productive relationship with them
- Acquire and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product and therapy knowledge
- Acquiring knowledge about processes in the organization around marketing events request, product donation and discount request
- Responsible to participate around his/her Individual Development Plan in consultation with the manager
- Undertake distributor reviews in terms of understanding stock availability, daily co-ordination with distributors and monitor distributor customer relationship
- Develop and maintain accurate account and territory record
- Complete administrative reporting as assigned (for example: expense reports, account profiles and analysis, daily planners, competitive updates, etc.)
Must Have - Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor in Science /B Pharma/ BE/ BTech in Biomedical Engineering / Bio-instrumentation, Electronics
- PG degree in Business Management (preferred)Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- 7 - 9 years sales experience in selling of knowledge based product from MNC/Company of repute
- Experience in Cardiology/Medical device or Equipment (preferable)
- Prior Selling of Cardiac products and therapies would be preferable but not essential
- Experience of handling revenue target more than 1 crore p. a.
- Willing to travel extensively and relocate as well
- Good verbal communicator and presenter - Good command over English and Regional language
- Professional presentation and "Presence"
- Professional standard of written and verbal communication to sales
- Sound clinical and technical knowledge of Cardiac products would be an added advantage
- Strategic mindset in planning and driving marketing strategies and managing customers
- Customer focused : Should have an ability to engage the customers & partner to ramp up business support at the same time being able to deliver value.
- Demonstrated grit in handling challenging customers.
- Understanding and ability to collaborate with channel partners
- Good influencing and convincing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Nice to Have :
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Good verbal communicator and presenter
- Professional presentation and "Presence"
- Can work autonomously but is also a team player
- Self motivated and positive
- Outgoing and friendly: Enthusiastic, energetic
- Can do- attitude
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with all levels of customer base
- Good time manager: Well organized, able to set and reset priorities
- Willingness to learn, especially technical information
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
ABOUT MEDTRONIC :
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients- lives. Help us shape the future.