Executive Staffing at Success HR
Views:524 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Market Intelligence Analyst - Product/Marketing Research - Automotive Sector (1-5 yrs)
The Opportunity :
We are looking to hire a Market Intelligence Analyst to work from our India office supporting the Product Marketing & Marketing Finance teams (UK) and reporting to the Commercial Manager based in the UK. This role requires strong self-motivation in conjunction with an analytical approach to data collection.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Delivering key competitor pricing and benchmarking data information at key business gateways
- Monthly reporting of competitor pricing and specification movements
- Immediate reporting and updating of database on competitor price and specification movements as and when changes happen
- Quick turnaround of information
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities :
- Benchmarking company's competitors in multiple markets on their specifications, feature list, pricing and option pricing
- Maintaining benchmarking database and updating as and when changes to competition occur
- Running specification adjust analysis for companies vehicles
- Supporting marketing finance in keeping a list of all feature values by market
- Delivering month on month price changes to select competitor vehicles at key Product Marketing meeting
- Conducting studies on market movements in pricing, technology features and competitors
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
Key Interactions :
- Product Marketing
- Marketing Finance
- Global National Sales Companies
- Corporate & Strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
- To communicate in English is a must for this role.
- Excellent research skills. Must be able to browse websites, brochures, and specification sheets to understand the links and similarities between company features and competitor features.
- Influencing and communication skills to analyse additional, relevant piece of information and ensure a steady flow of data which is of the highest quality.
- In addition the job holder will have a strong interest in and knowledge of the automotive industry and be IT literate.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel is essential as much of the work entails working with spreadsheets and data manipulation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages (Word, Powerpoint).
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be degree qualified
- Knowledge of SQL and previous experience of using Scripts and database queries is a bonus.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry, gained through a first experience or significant training in product or marketing research at automotive makes, importers, dealers or leasing companies would be beneficial.
Personal Profile :
- Analytical, strong minded and able to manage multiple tasks at a time
- Must be a team player. The job requires interfacing with people globally and this requires good relationship management
- Keen interest to learn more and expand knowledge base
- Experience in managing others such as interns
- Experience in dealing with people from different cultures