Principal Consultant - Recruitment at Xperia Executive Search
Views:24 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Market Development Officer - Building Material (2-7 yrs)
We have been retained by a leading building materials company to hire Market Development Officers for boards and panels used in commercial constructions.
Job Description :
- Responsible for sales of Boards in Building Materials Industry through business to business interactions or end customers - Architects, Contractors, Builders, Consultants & Dealers & distributors etc.
Key Skills/Competencies :
Behavioural Skills :
- Negotiation skills : To keep margins, profitability & customer satisfaction high.
- Communication : Ability to freely discuss the information with the stakeholders in a positive way, and open to feedback or criticism.
- Customer Orientation : Should be customer-sensitive, take timely feedback from them and address their complaints immediately.
- Planning & Execution : Breaking the assignment into major milestones, and assigning timelines for each one, considering Risk factors in the planning process.
- Analytical Skills : Ability to identify the relationship between events that are not obviously linked to each other, and take corrective & preventive actions for all quality control functions in the plant.
Functional Skills :
- Good knowledge of company's products.
- Should possess excellent time management skills.
Key Responsibilities/Deliverables :
Market demand generation :
- Ensure achievement of revenue as per target for the specific territory assigned.
Network Expansion :
- Identifying & networking with contractors, builders, architects, consultants, interior designers etc.
Marketing activities :
- Ensuring proper handling of products to achieve good customer satisfaction.
- To ensure the outstanding are being properly monitored and kept to the minimum as per approval from corporate office.
- Preparing and sending various reports to the branch office and maintaining quarterly and annually sales figure for the assigned territory.
- To ensure timely collection of the documents required from dealers and customers.
- Follow up with customers for overdue collection.
- Leverage relationships to generate repeat sales.
- Taking feedback from dealers & end customers to access possible improvements to existing products and also the need for new products.
Measures for success :
- Sales - In metric tonnes.
- New Dealer Development.
- Debtor days.
- Repeat Purchases.