Manager - Sales - Industrial/Heavy Machinery (7-15 yrs)
Sales Objectives :
- Achieve mutually agreed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets set by the Regional Sales Manager within the assigned key accounts
- Achieve mutually agreed points of distribution
- Drive efforts towards attaining key objectives of achieving volume, revenue, NSI, profit and brand share targets.
- Maintain, develop & grow distribution points in all key accounts in order to expand India business opportunities
Account Management :
- Ensure effective and smooth relationships are maintained with Key Account customers in order to optimize operational effectiveness, business performance and goodwill.
- Ensure excellent relationships with main decision-makers in the national head offices, state offices, and individual outlets of Key Account customers
- Ensure the most appropriate coverage of all current and potential Key Accounts, and examine/recommend ways and means of broadening distribution, as well as developing new sales opportunities
- Make recommendation of changes in prices and trading terms Activation and Promotions
- Continuous implementation of agreed strategies derived from the Brand Plans.
- Recommend new venues for promotions and ensure that incremental business support is gained upon the venues being selected
- Ensure all promotional activity is carried out efficiently and effectively within budgeted parameters and within the respective brands' standard guidelines
- Work closely with marketing team to evaluate methods of improving the effectiveness and operational efficiencies of promotional activities provide all aspects of feedback
Make MHI brands available & accessible :
- Develop and implement brand specific activities within accounts
- Ensure that brand merchandising standards are achieved at all times utilizing developed POS and via creative enhancements - provide photographic evidence
Achieve Industry sales force leadership :
- Target sales and marketing activities to ensure maximum ROI
- Attain and maintain the highest standards of service provided to trade customers and develop relationships at all levels within the customers' business
Market Trends & Competitor Information :
- Keep MHI updated about best practices, market trends and competitor activity
- Monitor competitor pricing and promotions
- Monitor and assess competitors' activities, evaluate market changes and trends, and recommend timely responsive actions for the benefits of the brands amongst all Accounts.
Credit & Payment Collections :
- Monitor the financial status of each assigned account within your specific territory and alert the Regional Sales Manager and National Credit Manager of any concerns in order to minimize the incidence of bad debts.
Key Selection Criteria :
- Minimum 7 years of commercial experience in sales with specific Key Account experience
- Team Handling of 3-4 people
- Excellent sales skills with proven record of achieving targets
- Exceptional communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of liquor consumption trends, habits and preferences of consumers in India
- High level of commercial awareness and an instinct for exploiting profit opportunities
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Possess a good understanding of people management
- An ability to work with a disciplined approach to ensure management of people and standards
- Fluent in English with proficiency of other language(s) will be a plus