Manager - Sales - Digital Learning Startup (2-8 yrs)
Are you looking to work in the education sector and give your best to the growth of education in India? Then here is your chance.
Our client is a social education technology organisation delivering enjoyable & personalised digital learning to schools, NGOs, coaching institutes and learners including the last mile learners. They design, deliver and support tablet and mobile based digital learning solutions with English medium and local languages. Their vision is to facilitate access to enjoyable and life shaping digital learning to every student irrespective of their social, economic, cultural, locational and language status.
Founded by two MDI alumnus, it is a student centric and personalised learning platform that delivers enjoyable learning content as per the state boards. This ed-tech provides a solution which is easy to use, lets students enjoy learning, makes life easy for a teacher and delivers learning in the language that students are most comfortable. The organisation has worked in 14 states across India and awarded Google India under "Impacting Change through Digital".
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible to align with the Social Sector sales and growth objectives of the organisation and then target, plan & achieve the sales with actionable strategy - both inbound, outbound, in-person, digital and value based outreach to connect with the key stakeholders.
What you will do :
- Building relationships with key stakeholders, regularly engaging them, pitching, selling and creating projects and revenue growth as per targets.
- Taking complete ownership of the annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets in the social sector and then driving the action plan to achieve it
- Planning and achieving revenue targets on every product line, always sensing the market response for products and accordingly sharing inputs for product enhancement
- Searching, pitching and closing immediate sales opportunities in CSR, NGOs, Govt Projects and Schools
- Identifying key personnel in CSR, Foundations, NGOs, State Government Department, building leads, connecting with them, building relationships, understanding their vision and needs, and finding the right connection to share about the company's work, solutions, how it aligns with their vision
- Tracking government tenders, reaching out to all the State Education Department and building an active presence of the company and the products.
- Understanding tender requirements, discussing with the management team on how the company can participate, preparing documents and driving the next steps
- Sustaining relationships with the existing partners and new partners and planning ways to regularly engage them
- Creating project proposals, concept notes and sales collaterals where required
- Working with the company's Digital Sales person to follow up on relevant leads and closing them and integrating/managing/drafting the efforts being made towards inbound lead generation.
- Setting up the best suited approach for sales conversion for each product line
- Working with the company's marketing team to share thoughts and ideas around brand building, which will enable the company to attract more relevant leads
- Active and regular lead building on linkedin, facebook, and other relevant digital channels.
- Planning, executing and following up on email campaigns, newsletters and mailing/communication strategies to connect with key stakeholders, building relationships and achieving sales.
What you need to have :
- Having proven & relevant sales experience in the social sector of at least 2-5 years. Candidates with experience of fundraising and business development specifically in education will be preferred
- Achieved proven annual revenue targets at least between 1 to 3 Crores+
- Aggressively growth oriented - both professional and personal. Must be very entrepreneurial in nature
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills in English - both written and oral, Excellent email, video chat and video demo capabilities for best of sales over digital means
- Should be well versed with all latest digital sales strategies
- Should have a track record of engaging with and establishing long term relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Should be high on energy, very agile and leadership traits with the ability to deliver results