Talent Acquisition Manager at Randstad India
Views:221 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Manager - Product & Merchandising - Retail Sales (6-10 yrs)
Position Summary :
- Develop the right range mix of Onitsuka Tiger, India based on market needs and opportunities that will deliver business targets on net sales, margin and profitability in alignment with global direction.
- Effectively implement, monitor and evaluate merchandising strategy, planning & allocation that enhance product efficiency for Onitsuka Tiger retail stores during current and upcoming seasons in order to hit retail sales targets set for the year in alignment with franchisee partners.
Key Responsibilities :
Planning & Merchandising Management :
- Oversee whole Footwear/Apparel/Accessory business cycle from range build, sales forecasting, distribution, ordering, inventory management, sell-through monitoring.
- Develop Merchandising business plan/strategies
- Align with global team on category/silo directions and key growth drivers and adjust category mix to fit consumer and geographic needs in India.
- Identify and communicate range gaps to OHQ on inline products as well as local product development (SMU) if necessary.
- Ensure Range plan integration with footwear, apparel and equipment as well as Marketing initiatives.
- Forecast seasonal sales from LP01 to LP03 there after plan for MF in alignment with seasonal financial budgets for India.
- Create and adjust product pricing as per global suggested SRP.
- Create and submit monthly PO plan to OHQ product team for check and feedback based on the inventory on hand/warehouse, partner orders and potential sales.
- Create and submit final monthly PO plan to AHQ operations team based on OHQ feedback nd the inventory on hand/warehouse, partner orders and potential sales.
- Partner & collaborate with AHQ operations team to ensure monthly PO feedback are updated and adjusted while ensuring that monthly key focus items are not impacted as well adequate inventory is planned even after adjusting push backs or push forwards to achieve monthly budgets.
- Partner with AHQ operations team on monthly basis to plan & adjust the production capacity in each factory based on global production consolidation.
- Ensure the correct OTB (Open to Buy) budget planning for each season/month in alignment with the business partners so that the buying and allocation plans are being met against the sales forecast.
- Review the OTB monthly with the Business Head to ensure all financial goals are finalized and approved prior to submitting the monthly PO plan.
- Lead key product meetings (GTM, Trade Show) and forecasting meetings to ensure financial plans and assortments are created in conjunction with all retail channel's objectives.
- Build product range that meets market needs based on competitive market intelligence, consumer profile, consumer insight and trends, product performance.
Assortment Planning :
- Review in partnership with Business Head all product buys for all channels (Retail/E- Commerce/Market Place) to ensure proper assortment mix and appropriate SKUs across all categories.
- Support the Assortment Planning process through clear and accurate reports on historical analysis.
- Work in partnership with VM and Trade Marketing to implement and execute the monthly key focus items as per global launch dates.
Allocation & Replenishment :
- Create and maintain long term flow plans on all key styles and never-out of stock SKUs so to ensure enough depth in product to carryover and meet sales needs monthly.
- Maintain replenishment tool for all channels that will be done in efficient manner weekly/monthly.
Analysis and Commercial Planning :
- Organize and lead monthly and quarterly Business Reviews.
- Lead weekly analytics meetings on how styles are selling (ST%, GM%, sales etc.)
- Set target WOS/MOH on a category level and store level; provide target S/T% by category.
- Oversee sizing analysis and execution for merchandise buys and store allocations, and ensuring proper historical analysis is done and utilized; sizing analysis to be completed monthly by category and comp style.
Stock flow & Inventory management :
- Create and maintain store inventory plans by category to ensure proper balance of categories while meeting at least minimum capacities by store and meeting sales goals on a store level available.
- Partner with AIN logistic team to manage inventory tracking from CEF to inward deliveries at warehouse, and stock levels each season.
- Plan sales orders for partners based on the monthly inwards post confirmation from logistics team.
- Analyse monthly product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems related to excess or shortages.
Store Openings :
- Forecasting unit and sales plans and inventory plans for each new store.
- Ensure all new stores have proper product assortments and meet initial store set up capacities that include the actual capacity and estimated future sales.
Systems and Process :
- Oversee aspects of the merchandising processes so that process is followed, priorities are set, and all internal deadlines are met.
- Revenue and margin of Footwear/Apparel/Equipment categories.
- SKUs efficiency, sell-through performance.
- Inventory management: Stock turn, Forward Month Coverage (FMC).
Experience / Skills Required :
- Minimum of 6-7 years of experience in all facets of Retail Merchandising, Planning, Buying and Allocation
- Bachelor's Degree or College Degree in a related field preferred
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and presentation/communication skills, fluent in English.
- A team player who is also a leader with strong organizational skills.