Mangaer at Global HR Solutions
Views:122 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Online Technical Support - Electronics Firm (10-15 yrs)
Position Title : Online Technical Support Manager
Department : Global Marketing
Job Purpose :
- The primary purpose of this position is to lead, inspire, train and develop the Technical Support team - providing a high quality, 24 hour, 5 day a week support to our Customers primarily through our online chat service.
- This is a customer facing team, responsible for 100's of direct customer interactions every week - you are responsible for the quality, consistency and professionalism of the responses and continuously improving the quality and relevancy of these responses.
- You will be responsible for achieving the agreed service levels and KPI- s, setting staffing levels and ensuring headcount is sufficient to meet the growing support requirements. For peak demand - you will coordinate with our global FAE teams who will provide additional support.
- This position is responsible for cross-functional collaboration with Product Management and Sales to provide effective Customer Support and to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Continuously train and evaluate the technical team and supervisors to ensure they deliver professional customer support - including service quality and consistent messaging, technical and business knowledge.
- With your supervisor team, ensure 100% of chats are reviewed for opportunities to continuously improve responses, ensuring consistent messaging and customer service.
- Pro-actively supervise real-time chats and provide 1-1 coaching with supervisors and team members to improve the quality and relevancy of the chats
- Train and ensure the team have a clear understanding or how AICC does business - the customers, distributors and sales strategies. Ensure the team know where to get the internal support they require.
- Set up regular product and application training and ensure that training for new products is completed before the new products are launched.
- Monitor and ensure closure of chats, manage escalations and recommend and drive process and service improvements.
- Ensure the right headcount and staffing levels are in place to deliver the required service levels.
- Measure and monitor team performance, drive the team to achieve service levels and KPI targets.
- Prepares management reports and uses the data and tools available to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Pro-actively identify and recommend improvements to website, systems and processes to enhance the chat service and customer experience within the website.
Key Challenges :
- Providing support on a 24/5 basis to customers located across the world.
- Ensuring service levels and are met.
- Managing staffing levels to ensure correct capacity planning across each 24/5 periods.
- Working with our global marketing and product teams to constantly improve service and responses
- Understanding the AICC business practices, customers, product range and technical details and competitor product range.
- Understanding new technology and the opportunities it provides to AICC and how the technical team needs to support this.
Skills, Know-How and Experience :
- This is a highly visible and demanding role requiring a proven track record in technical or FAE support in the field of connectors or similar electronic component products - in a global technology company.
- Must have experience leading and developing teams to deliver customer satisfaction in an online technical support or sales support environment.
- Passionate about customer service and surpassing KPI's and service levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership skills and is willing to challenge senior management building clear justifications for change.
- Able to take ownership and use initiative, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Must demonstrate strong collaboration, team working and proactive influencing skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- 10-15 years of electronic engineering experience,ideally as a technical support engineer or FAE - with at least 5 years in a manager role.
- Experience in the connector electronics industry
- Experience of Live chat and Salesforce preferred.
- Degree (Mechanical, Electronics & Electrical Engineering)
Position Dimensions :
- Manager- managing a team of supervisors and team members.
- Significant stakeholder management and cross-functional working with teams located in every region and across multiple functions - sales, product management and marketing.