Co - Founder & CEO at Heron Strategic Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:259 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Manager - Category Management - FMCG Startup (7-10 yrs)
Job description - Staples Category Manager
Roles and Responsibility :
- Responsible for developing and managing staples categories to drive sales, margin and inventory levels as per target
- Build and manage assortment, have the best assortment in market
- Responsible for replenishment of stock from suppliers and stock availability in store
- Responsible for driving sales through promotions and offers
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships
- Responsible for driving customer engagement events with marketing team
- Responsible for growing sourcing functions for staples by identifying suppliers, mills and building networks.
- Closure of Terms of Trade (TOT) with suppliers, commercial negotiations, and building strong relationships.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies to meet business requirements from time to time.
Achieving sales and margin target
Achieving 100% availability and 90% + fill rate with customers
Managing inventory levels to inventory norms
- Prior exposure of Sourcing and Supplier management is preferred.
- Excellent negotiator
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with suppliers
- Ability to analyse data and present information (prepare reports, and recommendations to all levels of management)
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills
- Ability to multitask and be proactive and independent in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Reasonable knowledge of Sourcing and Procurement, Price, Supplier/ Product evaluation
Reporting to : Regional Head
Experience : At least 7 year of category management
Experience in one of the Staples Food
Experience in Bangalore