Human Resources Manager at CloudVandana
Views:18 Applications:12 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Manager - Business Development - IT (0-3 yrs)
The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company. This candidate will be focused and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy. The goal of the BDM is to identify and qualify as many candidate customers as possible in as short a time.
Your success would be measured by monitoring how many qualified appointments and/or demos your schedule for your account executives. Breaking this down a little, your main tasks are:
1. Understand the 'Ideal Customer Profile' - the BDM needs to be clear on whom he or she is trying to target. This means the target industry, role, company size, geography, region, etc.
2. Create prospect lists: once you know whom to target, the key task of a BDM is to research online and build lists of contacts that fit the profile. This can be through a combination of web searches, LinkedIn searches, association membership lists, 3rd party database providers like ZoomInfo, and purchased lists from list providers. The BDM can use tools to improve the accuracy of their lists to ensure the names and contact details are correct.
3. Run outbound emails and calls: BDMs can be contacted by 30 to 60 people per day. These initial contacts are brief and exploratory - the BDM is trying to establish if there are a potential interest and requirement for your solution, not trying to sell it.
4. Handover to Account Execs: when a BDM is sure that one of her contacts is worth pursuing, they capture all relevant details and then do a controlled handover to one of their Account Exec colleagues. This handover can include confirmation by the Account Exec that the new lead meets all the necessary criteria for them to pursue.
5. Make use of technology at each step: there are tools available to help BDMs do their job better and faster. From prospect databases, email verification, outbound email automation, and CRM systems, SDRs should use tools at each step to identify prospects, contact them and record their interactions, and measure their overall progress.
- Identify partnership opportunities
- Develop new relationships in an effort to grow business and help the company expand
- Maintain existing business
- Think critically when planning to assure project success
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years' prior industry-related business development experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented
Skills Required :
- Good at written communication
- Great at phone communication
- Efficient in researching lists
- Rigorous in the use of tools
- Disciplined in managing their time and monitoring results