Magicpin - Content Associate (0-2 yrs)
About magicpin :
Magicpin is India's largest O2O platform that drives discovery and commerce for offline businesses. More than 2M users are hooked on to the app where they spend up to 80 minutes per day. We drive $200M+ of business to merchants on the platform and have grown 6x in the last 12 months, with partners ranging from large brands like McDonalds, Beer Cafe, Decathlon, ITC, Emami, Pernod Ricard to thousands of local retailers across the country. The management team consists of seasoned professionals from Lightspeed VP, Nexus VP, Bain & Co, McKinsey, Walmart Labs, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs and educational background including IIT, IIM, Stanford and SRCC. The company has been invested in by Lightspeed (Oyo, Snapchat, Limeroad) and Google.
Role Description :
As a content associate, you will be an integral part of magicpin's content team which builds the core content of all listings on our platform. You will be working day-in, day-out with design, engineering, sales and product teams, with a mission statement to enable users to discover and browse through any store around them and have all relevant info which they need to make an informed choice.
1. Ability to do a quick search and write engaging content for merchant descriptions across categories like (Groceries, Food & Beverage, Fashion & Apparel etc.).
2. Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple outlets across all the categories and edit them accordingly as per the need.
3. Be the voice of magicpin and coordinate with different teams in the organization to constantly delight users and partners who reach out to us to suggest content changes or with queries related to their outlets.
4. Analyze market trends and keep an inquisitive eye on online sources to be on top of new listings and other key developments in the retail space.
Role requirements :
The role requires people with high level of ownership and dedication to work. Following are the specific skill setswe are looking for :
- 0-2 years previous experience in operations. If you have worked in a startup, or have relevant prior experience, it's a bonus.
- Ability to be meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Curiosity, always have an appetite to listen, learn and adapt.
- Proficiency with tools like Excel, Word, SQL are preferable.
- Ability to execute projects on time and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm to work in a start-up environment.