Locus - Event Coordinator (2-3 yrs)
Locus is a deep-tech platform that automates human decisions in supply chain to provide efficiency, transparency, and consistency in logistics operations. Locus solutions automate human decisions required to transport a package or a person, between any two points on earth. The platform uses deep machine learning and proprietary algorithms to offer smart logistics solutions like route optimization, real-time tracking, insights and analytics, beat optimization, efficient warehouse management, vehicle allocation and utilization. Over the past few years, Locus has achieved a peak of 1.5 million orders processed in a day (200,000 orders an hour). Locus solutions are now tried and tested on over 100 million+ order deliveries, and operations have expanded to 75 cities across the globe. Locus- works with medium to large enterprises across varied industries including e-commerce, 3PL, Home Services, Retail, CPG and FMCG. We have a customer base of over 40 such enterprises including Blue Dart, Bigbasket, Myntra, Unilever, Tata Sky, Urban Ladder, and Lenskart to name a few. Locus has raised $29 million till date and is backed by some major investors like Falcon Edge Capital, Tiger Global and Blume Ventures. The company had acquired $6.75 million in its 2016 and 2018 funding rounds, and has recently raised $22 million in Series B funding this year.
Locus is the brainchild of Nishith Rastogi and Geet Garg, who first co-founded RideSafe, a route deviation detection app for women's safety and later took it to greater heights by developing Locus, an intelligent decision-making platform for businesses in supply chain. Locus is steered to success by the collective efforts of a committed team. Each member of the team contributes to Locus- mission of putting magic in motion. The team has engineers from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, and Data Scientists with PhDs from Carnegie Mellon University and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
Since its inception in 2015, Locus has grown rapidly and remarkably to a 200-member global family and capturing markets in North America, Southeast Asia, and India.
Office Location - http://where.locus.sh
Job brief :
- We are looking for an Event Manager to plan, coordinate between multiple stakeholders, execute events and promote the same to create greater brand awareness in our newer markets. The chosen candidate will work with various departments of our organization and external organizers.
- The chosen candidate will be instrumental in shaping Locus- image at various conferences and trade shows we participate in and must ensure that the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed properly.
- The chosen candidate will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of a team. The candidate will work closely with the Brand team on other Locus hosted events as well.
- Events play a huge part in the success of a brand or an organisation. Ultimately, you- ll help us improve our company's goodwill and drive growth.
- Coordinate with organizers and vendors and negotiate quoted prices and deliverables. Seek other necessary approvals and liaison for payments.
- Maintain an event calendar on a regional basis.
- Assist Locus on ground team on all event details, deliverables, schedules and ensure all the required event materials are ready for the event well in advance.
- Ensure compliance to all event calendars within the required timeframe and coordinate with the Design and Content team for support on producing event collaterals on a timely basis.
- Administer all production processes, and monitor all collaterals are ready in time, made within budget and reach the event location.
- Collaborate with Locus on ground team to implement all activities for events within required timeframe and budgets and perform research on all event location and entertainment facilities.
- Assist to set up booths and assist to finalize all other logistics for events and establish an efficient sponsorship for all events.
- Liaise with the Social Media and Digital Marketing team to publicise and promote the event.
- Produce post-event evaluation reports to analyze event quality and define future events.
- Assist Brand team in executing native events and meetups.
Who are we looking for:
- 1-2 years of proven working experience as an Event Manager
- Graduate Degree
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Efficient time-management skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Healthy catered meals at the office, around the clock
- You decide your own Work From Home (WFH) and Out Of Office (OOO)
- Pet-friendly - bring your pets to the office any day. Locus family already has a Rottweiler and a Beagle.