HR Manager at Leverage Ed -Tech Pvt Ltd
Views:559 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Leverage Edu - Associate - Editorial (0-2 yrs)
Job Summary :
Leverage Edu is an AI-enabled marketplace that helps school students, university students, and working professionals with University Applications and General Career Guidance. As part of its Editorial strand, we ensure that their applications are thoroughly checked for any grammatical and syntactic errors, in addition to maintaining a smooth flow and cohesive narrative to the story that the candidate is trying to tell.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Creation of Statement of Purpose using the drafts or filled in Personal Questionnaires provided by the students.
- Editing the first drafts in accordance with the feedback given by the student.
- Content-editing of various types of application documents (Essays, Letters, Statements, CVs) with tight deadlines. This also includes, but is not limited to, summarizing content, correcting drafts, and occasionally conducting research to verify the accuracy of the information provided.
- Reviewing and proofreading edited drafts sent in by freelancers.
- Contributing to administrative tasks like monthly report generation as and when the need arises.
- Liaising with cross-functional team members, different teams, and clients (students) to resolve concerns, follow up on enquiries and updates, and communicate effectively for the smooth operation of the editorial process.
- Assisting with any other editorial duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your practice.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications :
- Master's degree in Arts and Humanities, preferably in English or a related subject.
- Other degree considerations: Journalism, Media or Communication Studies, Social Studies, PR/Advertising.
- 0-1 years of experience in academic essay writing and editing.
- Knowledge of the international higher education space.
- Creative bent of mind.
- Ability to work well in a team and in a start-up environment.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and short TATs (turnaround times).
- Good communication and coordination skills.