LeapForWord - Intern - Customer Support (0-1 yrs)
Customer Support Intern | LeapForWord
Type of Employment: Internship Reports to: Project Manager
Team: NGO Team Location: Mumbai
Working Days: 6 days (Sunday off)
Working Hours: 9 hours per day Internship duration: 60 days
Stipend: Upto10,000 per month
About the organisation:
LeapForWord is a product NGO committed to eliminating the single biggest bottleneck - Poor English Capabilities that prohibits students from regional language communities from accessing Professional Education & better Employment Opportunities.
Our flagship solution - The English Literacy Program - is designed for teachers who have a job of teaching English but cannot do so effectively because they cannot speak English. Built on top of a Translation Algorithm, the solution enables such teachers to teach English in their mother-tongue and develop specific capabilities in their students namely Reading, Comprehension & Sentence Structuring.
Since our inception in 2009, we have reached out to 5 States, 91 Districts, 3,15,000 Teachers & 11,13,400 Students
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an intern to carry out the responsibility of managing the customers (Engaging with our existing and new customers).The candidate is expected to work out of our Mumbai office in Goregaon.
Applicants are expected to know Hindi & English (spoken & written).
Candidates with the experience of working in the customer relationship or operations departments may find this job attractive.
- Draft messages in Hindi and English and carry out the responsibility of posting them on teachers- WhatsApp groups.
- Share the content on WhatsApp groups as per the scheduled timeline.
- Respond to teacher queries related to content & program on calls, queries and Whatsapp groups.
- Execute teacher engagement activities as per the defined processes within the set timelines.
- Record data related to the different aspects of teacher engagement.
- Interact with teachers and collect stories of change.
- Any and all other work necessary to ensure that our teacher engagement is as per the set processes.
- Calling the teachers in order to understand and generate learnings. (Calling will be considered as an important activity, these won- t be sales calls but learning calls).
- A final year student or recent graduate with good academic records.
- Work requires constant communication (call & chat) - Should be willing & comfortable.
- Good communication skills - Written & Oral: English & Hindi necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Should possess team working and collaboration skills.
- Problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Must have a laptop and good internet connection.
- Interest in working for mission-led organizations OR causes like education/children will be critical if the candidate intends to find joy in the job.
What do we offer:
- Internship certificate
- Stipend- Upto 10,000/month
- If a candidate performs exceptionally well during the internship, we are willing to offer a full-time position.