LeapForWord - Content Developer (0-2 yrs)
Content Developer - Hindi | LeapForWord
Type of Employment: Full-time Reports to: Content Lead
Team: Content & Products Location:Mumbai
Working Days: 6 days (Sunday off) Working Hours: 9 hours per day
Salary: Salary based on experience and qualification.
About the organisation
LeapForWord is a product NGO committed to eliminating the single biggest bottleneck - Poor English Capabilities - that prohibits students from regional language communities from accessing Professional Education & better Employment Opportunities.
Our flagship solution - The English Literacy Program - is designed for teachers who have a job of teaching English but cannot do so effectively because they cannot speak English. Built on top of a Translation Algorithm, the solution enables such teachers to teach English in their mother-tongue and develop specific capabilities in their students namely Reading, Comprehension & Sentence Structuring.
Since our inception in 2009, we have reached out to more than 500,000 students and 140,000+ teachers.
About the role
We're looking for a dedicated content writer to create and translate the content for the company products as well as formulate messages for our social media handles in HINDI. The content writer's duties include analysing metrics to change content as required, providing content for updating the company's products and social media posts on a regular basis. When creating content, you should also be able to follow editorial guidelines.
- Creating and curating content in accordance with the team lead's guidelines.
- Proofreading current content (both physical and digital formats) to find and correct errors.
- Creating multi-purpose communication messages in the local language.
- Document translation from English to Hindi and vice versa is possible.
- Keeping the content database up to date and maintained.
- The opportunity to work on several tasks at the same time.
- Writing articles, requests, suggestions, and other documents in English and Hindi.
- Any other work that is needed to ensure that our content and product deliverables are always met.
Candidate requirements :
- A bachelor's degree with specialization in Hindi or a closely related field is required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications(MS-Word and Excel).
- Content management systems are something you should be familiar with.
- Proficient in written & spoken English & Hindi
- Working with little to no oversight is a plus.
- Working in a fast-paced setting is a must.
- The ability to adapt the writing style to the intended audience.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and result oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities.
- Should possess team working and collaboration skills.
Remuneration and Benefits :
- Salary will be in the range of Rs. 180,000 - 300,000 per annum
- During the mandatory 3 months probation period, compensation would be in the form of professional fees.
- Since successfully completing the three-month probation term, you will be eligible for all staff benefits.