Marketing Training Manager at Kraftshala
Views:98 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Kraftshala - Manager - Digital Marketing & Training (4-7 yrs)
About the company:
- Kraftshala makes India's most loved marketing & sales training programs with an Advocacy Score of 95%. We believe that education becomes a lot more fruitful, and a lot more fun, when you get kickass practitioners, the real experts, to train emerging talent. Our programs are built on frameworks and examples from the best in the industry and they are consistently updated with the latest, cutting-edge tools & learnings from the field.
- This is why S&M professionals from world's top consumer companies (like Unilever, P&G, Nestl-, ITC, Facebook, Amazon, Yum! Brands, etc) as well as students currently studying in the best business schools of the country (major IIMs, ISB, FMS, XLRI, SP Jain, IIFT, etc.) find value in our programs (remember 95%?). The goal now is to take our training techniques to India's masses- the talented people across the length and breadth of our country who have been denied a shot at professional success due to the limitations of the existing system.
- We are a team that is gunning to bring transformative changes to India's higher education ecosystem. Welcome to the ride! :)
Kraftshala is backed by Doreswamy Nandkishore (Former Fortune 100 CEO, Head of Asia, Oceania, Africa for Nestl- S.A.), Pallav Jain and Sarfaraz Khimani (co-CEOs of Performics, one of India's largest performance marketing agencies).
What do we value (the Kraftshala Kode):
- Like all good companies, we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration. Our team's distinctiveness comes from the following:
- We seek a user centric mindset. People who start with the user and work backward, and take every opportunity to add value to their customers/ partners fit right in.
- We value problem solving skills. We look at problems objectively, solve for root causes, make decisions for long term good instead of short term gain, and don- t let processes get in the way of value addition.
- We look for learning agility. We are a team of learners who like to read, talk to experts, and seek feedback to be better today than we were yesterday.
- We respect ambition & courage to take on large goals. Self starters who demonstrate high ownership strengthen the backbone of our team.
- We expect consistency and reliability. Predictability just makes everyone's life a lot smoother.
- We like people who are real, open and direct in communication, while still being empathetic.
- We are practical optimists. Our team strongly believes in a better future & we are up for playing our part to make that future a reality.
What is the recruitment process :
- As a small team (~26 folks), it's imperative that we get to know each other before taking the leap. We want to ensure you succeed in your role within our team. Each conversation with us will last about 40-75 minutes, except the first call which is a short one to understand expectations. Typically the whole process takes between 10 - 15 business days depending on your and our schedules. The process will occur over telephonic calls, so you don- t need to worry about travel.
- Setting expectations: This will be a call to understand your profile and expectations briefly.
- Skill Assessment Task: This will be a task that assesses you on the core skills you- ll need to succeed in this role.
- Technical conversation I & II: These will be telephonic calls with our current Marketing team wherein you can expect to be evaluated on your functional skills and other competencies needed for the job (mentioned below).
- Writing Evaluation: This is a short writing assessment to make sure that you meet the standards required in the job.
- Culture fit conversation: A telephonic conversation with one of our founders to ensure that there is a fit with the Kraftshala Kode.
- Extending an offer: If all goes well, we will extend an offer mentioning the relevant details.
You should expect 13L - 18L INR / annum as your salary depending on past experience and comfort with marketing strategies, digital tools, growth techniques etc with an 80-20 split between fixed and variable.
You will also get equity worth 6L - 10L INR vested over a standard 4 year schedule.
Other benefits include flexible holiday schedules, access to mentors from across the industry, and a library of books and courses to further your professional/personal life.
What you will be doing:
If you love marketing and would like to become an absolute expert, this is as close to a dream role as you could get.
Growth Marketing (~40% of your time):
- We generate thousands of applications every month, and your goal is to take them to tens of thousands, and in some time, hundreds of thousands.
- Paid Marketing: You- ll be strategizing, planning and optimising campaigns along with the digital marketing team to drive growth for Kraftshala across Social/ Display/ Search platforms.
- SEO: You will be required to implement and monitor the best practices in SEO to drive discoverability for the Kraftshala website across different platforms.
- Team building: You- ll be responsible for coaching junior team members who are starting out their career in performance marketing, as well as hiring new team members.
- Innovation: You- ll also be involved in building new propositions/products by creating and evaluating concepts as Kraftshala expands to different audiences.
Training (~60% of your time):
- All members of the Kraftshala marketing team (including the co-founders) spend a substantial portion of their time in training emerging talent
- Content Development: You- ll be combining insights from your experience, plus conversations from top marketing/ digital experts in India to create simplified frameworks for professionals and students. You would be asked to experiment with new tools, platforms etc to help our training programs up-to-date.
- Training: You will be also taking regular sessions for small and large groups on a variety of marketing topics. You can see examples of the sessions we create by viewing the Kraftshala LIVE Series: https://kraftshala.com/kraftshala-live-professional-series/
- Coaching: You will also be working with our network of external coaches to help them deliver an ever improving training experience to our students.
- The learnings which you- ll get through training, speaking to experts on one hand and simplifying concepts for beginners on the other hand, will enable you to run better campaigns, which in turn will help you train better. This virtuous loop will help you become a kickass marketing professional.
A question we- d like to address upfront is what the career trajectory looks like for someone in this role.
There are 3 broad possibilities of what you could be doing 5 years from now:
- From the activities mentioned above, if you particularly enjoy creating great marketing content and delivering impactful sessions, you could emerge as a marketing guru- someone who's known not just in India but across the world (we- ll be starting our international expansion in the next 12 months).
- If your sweet spot turns out to be the aspect of working with people in a more intimate fashion and helping them grow, you can also specialise as a training expert and leader at Kraftshala.
- If you end up enjoying the core activities of the digital marketing function more than the training piece, you- ll be a growth leader within Kraftshala who's focussed on helping us scale the platform. Your role would be similar to a marketing leader in other consumer internet businesses, albeit with greater knowledge and perspective due to your time training other professionals.
- These are starting thoughts, of course, and any decision on a role is always a function of what a person wants matched with what the organisation can offer at that time. The great advantage of a company that's growing well (like Kraftshala) is that new opportunities open up frequently, and our preference would always be to try to fill up newly created roles with candidates from within the organisation.
- 4-6 years of experience in driving growth through performance marketing. (We are not too fussed about the number of years. Experience is simply a proxy for capability, which is what we really care for).
- A structured, data-driven, user centric approach to problem solving
- High levels of learning agility to constantly to learn and adapt to new platforms, contexts and ideas.
- High empathy levels to coach students and young professionals
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the easy-to-miss details.
Good to Haves:
A strong grasp of SEO
Location: Delhi (You will have to work from home till the Covid-19 crisis recedes)