Talent Acquisition at Intellipaat
Views:106 Applications:24 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Intellipaat - Copy Editor (2-5 yrs)
- Check and edit text thoroughly for correct grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, style, format, consistency and client guidelines.
- Edit test questions and other assessment materials produced by the in-house team.
- Proofread rendered copy at various stages of development to attain 100% accuracy.
- Confirm that relevant, appropriate and factually correct content is released for final delivery.
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability.
- Validate edits and ensure uniformity and consistency across content components.
- Double check that names, places and organizations are spelled properly and that facts, dates and statistics are accurate. This may involve contacting writers' sources and conducting online research.
- Perform editorial reviews of all types of content at all stages of production. Other jobs may include raising queries, sharing timely feedback, working with teams & departments to ensure creating 100% error free content.
- Readily work as a point of contact for tasks/projects allocated and provide detailed updates regarding project handling and status to teammates and senior editor.
- Developing project style guide and/or editorial training materials.
- Well aware of differences between UK/US English.
- Act as a real mentor to subject experts.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Adhere to the established best practices and contribute to the development of new workflow processes.
- Develop project-specific work instructions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced writing, editorial, and research skills.
- Proficiency with computers and software, including Microsoft Office (mandatory).
- Works well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities and meet deadlines with high quality work.
- Must be willing and able to accept constructive feedback and develop new skills.
- High School From 'Category-A' English-Medium Schools.
- Degree in English/ Publishing/ Communications from "Recognized University" or BE.
- Minimum 2 years of 'proven working experience' as an editor in this field.
- Candidates from EdTech/ E-learning experience background are preferred.
- Competently tailored and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Location : Bommanahalli, Hosur Road, Bengaluru
Notice Period : Immediate